By arrow - 23/02/2016 20:39 - United States - Pomona

Today, the officers of my archery club forgot to check if anybody was behind the targets looking for arrows. I got hit in the leg. FML
I agree, your life sucks 22 644
You deserved it 2 008

Same thing different taste

Top comments

"I used to be an archer like you, but then I took an arrow to the knee."

This sounds like the beginning of a bad Skyrim joke...

Comments

I feel bad for the archer as well as OPs leg. They are obviously a shit shot for missing the target. But then they hit what would normally be a hard shot to make and can't even brag about it without being a douche.

Did it go thru? Pictures or it didn't happen

Just turn them in to the club advisors. They should be in a lot of trouble. That's a major safety hazard that could have killed someone.

FYL OP. I hope there was a High Priest in your party that healed your HP immediately.

Ooh...that sounds incredibly painful. I actually winced a little, just reading that. Hope you're doing okay!

This is totally your bad. If you're ever going to near the target it's your job to let everyone know since it's you who is going to get shot. I feel bad for the guy that shot you, now he probably feels bad because you got hurt because you were behind the target and didn't let him know.

No, if YOU have the weapon YOU should make sure the area is clear.

Actually no, when you're at a club or on an archery range, there are usually people managing it to ensure this stuff doesn't happen. They are obligated to make sure no one goes to retrieve arrows until everyone is done shooting. And they are also obligated to ensure that everyone has come back from retrieving their arrows before people start shooting again, including checking behind targets and looking over the range. This is not OP's fault at all, it's the staff's fault 100%.

You are the wrong one here it is the job of the officers to make sure the range is clear of people before shooting again that is literally their job.

Maybe I misread OP's statement, but I didn't see where he said he didn't announce his intent to enter the area. It is possible that he followed protocol. It's even possible that the shooter was not in place at the time OP announced his intention to enter range and thus did not know he was there. Maybe it was just an unfortunate confluence of events that led to an accidental injury. Or, maybe shooter is the one who didn't follow protocol. Not enough info to assume the person at fault, in my opinion. Note: if approaching shooting stage, at least do a visual sweep to ensure no one is on the range at the time. It may have been announced prior to shooter's arrival.

I agree partially. Shooter should also make sure area is visually clear, too. The responsibility for clearing an area does belong to staff but also to shooters and to the people who are in the field.

Shade0000 9

Don't forget, it's also their job to enforce criteria such as responsible shooting (no drugs, alcohol, etc.) and for the shooters to follow the other guidelines.

bananassin 25

Imagine if they shot you in the head, now that would **** your head up

If that were the case then this would either be an obituary or the very first FML submitted from beyond the grave.