By Jeri - 12/02/2010 08:41 - United States

Today, the day of my 29th birthday and two weeks after our 10th wedding anniversary, the only thing my husband got me for my birthday was divorce papers. Happy birthday, bitch. FML
I agree, your life sucks 35 654
You deserved it 4 944

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Oh please. I'm 22 and have been with my fiancee since we were 14. We've been living on our own for four years. We're getting married this year. We're in the real world. I'm a teacher, he's an engineer. People can know love at a young age and that love can last a lifetime. Just because you don't know it doesn't mean others don't. Our relationship has lasted longer than many people who get married in their 30's.

NeonWar__ 0

Comments

you'll be ok it could be worse. he could have ginven them to u on ur anniverary

that's what you get when you get married that young.

What an a**hole! Hey, on the bright side you don't have deal with his sh*t anymore! ;)

epictrollathon 0

I'm sorry, but I have to say it: "Happy birthday TO THE GROUND!"

Erindub 0

For the record marriage is never a good idea at any age. my dads been divorced 5 times, my mom 3, safe to say I'll never marry. Its just a matter of time before it ends.

#276 -- I am so sorry that your parent's multiple marriages are the examples you had to experience growing up. My niece is in the same boat given how my stupid sister is on her 4th husband and how my niece's father is on his 3rd wife. I think you're wise to view marriage very, very cautiously since you haven't had the benefit of seeing how to successfully choose an appropriate spouse and how married couples successfully work through issues while keeping their marriage intact and happy. Despite what you've seen up to this point, I hope you eventually will also "see" (emotionally, spiritually, etc.) all the couples that have been happily married for the long term. Being married is fabulous with the right person and with the right perspective and planning. You'll have a lot of work to do (probably with the help of a good counselor) to get past what you now believe about marriage. But, from my experience with 18 years of a happy marriage that's in no danger of ending, it would be worth the work you'd have to do to be ready for it.

You are SO better off without him. Chin up :)

that sucks you should go kick his but and tell them to eat hairy turds you beep hole

Who the hell gets married at 19? ydi, he probably couldn't stand your nagging over the baby you had at the age of 16.

palmtrees 1

Number one, if you paid attention you would know that she got married at 18, not 19. Number two, the age at which she got married has absolutely nothing to do with whether or not she is a ****. For all we know, she's never slept with anyone but her husband. I think getting married at 18 is a bad idea for most people, but your comment just makes no sense whatsoever.