By dumass - 27/09/2014 02:23 - United States - Columbus

Today, the day before my wife and I leave for our 1 year anniversary trip, I realized my passport expires in 2014, not 2015. Instead of a week's stay at an all-inclusive resort in the Dominican Republic, we'll be spending three days in Louisville. Three angry days in Louisville. FML
I agree, your life sucks 34 582
You deserved it 21 168

Same thing different taste

Top comments

uniformed 13

You know what they way procrastination is like ************ feels good while you're doing it but in the end you are just ******* yourself.

If I was your wife I would definitely be going to the Dominican Republic by myself!

Comments

Always check your passport 100+ times, especially if there is a wife/girlfriend that can get angry. Angry wives/girlfriends kill people. Let's not kill people.

YDI for not looking properly on your passport when it expires! That's the first thing you've to know, when you want to go abroad! F**k your wife's life instead.

chill99 15

YDI - You can always get a passport in 24 hours (we did it because we made the same stupid mistake before my sister's wedding in Europe that my kids were in). You have to pay a ridiculous amount of money for it (they literally fly it to DC to be walked through the system), but can be done and is worth the effort. But you didn't make the effort so you deserve the consequences.

You're assuming OP has "a ridiculous amount of money" to pay for that.

the OP *is* going to the DR for a nice vacation, i assume money won't be an issue

And I highly doubt the trip to the Dominican is refundable. Might as well suck up a few hundred extra to not lose out on thousands.

just because you can afford to go on a trip doesnt mean you have tons of money, they could have just saved enough

chill99 15

If you don't have money to fix your problems then doublecheck your passport and don't make stupid mistakes. No sympathy. If it's important, then fix it or don't complain on a public forum about your wife being mad at you for being sloppy. No patience for whiners.

JustStella 28

55- You do realize this is FML, right? People come here specifically to complain. Whining is part of the deal.

So renew your passport and go. Not rocket science.

meli1195 31

Because it's soooo easy. Some places dont give refunds or aren't flexible with changing dates

18 - where i am it takes a few weeks to get your passport, probably the same deal with op. not rocket science but i think you missed the point

I'm confused. it's only September and there's 3 months of 2014 left. does it take longer than that to get a passport?

63 - now im even more confused, what does that have to do with anything? it never said the end of 2014 was when it expires, no month was specified so it had to be earlier in the year since the "trip" already happened, meaning it was expired before the date they were suppose to leave for the vacation... which you know when you read the fml...

Quickly go and get a new one and maybe push the trip forward a bit...it really only takes a couple weeks (at least mine did) to arrive...

Go to Puerto rico :D if ur from the US theres no passport required !!! Lovely place

If I'd been your wife, OP, I would've cheerfully waved goodbye as you dropped me and my unexpired passport off at the airport and promised to send a postcard. YDI.

Aero_x 21

Dominican Republic is way better than Louisville...but I've been to Louisville before and I love it! If you think it is so bad, at least it is only 3 days ^^