By someonesomething - 05/12/2009 11:24 - United States

Today, one of the comic companies I submitted to, replied back. They said that the story was boring, and the main character bland, generic, uncultured, had no potential for personal growth, a suburbanite, and an ignorant shut-in. I based the personality of the main character on my own. FML
I agree, your life sucks 28 250
You deserved it 12 819

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Kylias 6
LoveFifteen 0

To be honest, the comic company is probably pretty accurate in its assessment.

Comments

I'm on the comics company's side on this one. No one wants to read a comic based on boring characters. I would pitch the same idea, but instead of writing what I would think is an insightful, witty, culturally rich dialogue, I would simply insert a mirror in the fold. That'll get the point across.

krasian 0

Maybe now you'll learn to get out and not be a lame person.

themixedt4pe 0

Way to go Stephanie Meyer. People should learn their lesson from her that self-insertion makes for bad... well, everything really.

Stephanie Meyer, it's alright. You don't have to pretend to be anonymous here. But I wasn't aware that you moved to Georgia. (-;

llamasoks 0
Serafie 0

Self-insert Mary Sues don't make good characters, did you never learn this?

Is it me or was that the most boring FML ever?

This could seriously have been sent in by a friend of mine...

That's what you get for writing a self-inert Sue

You should have caricatured it. Sue Townsend's 'Adrian Mole' character is a bland, boring, obsessed, anally retentive loser... but it's parodied & funny!! I'm sure a lot of books like that... also stuff like Bridget Jones... are based on the author (or at least someone they know), but the art of good comedic writing is to take every day events and make them readable.