By Brandon - 09/05/2016 02:56 - United States - Springfield

Today, my wife cancelled on our date we had planned for over a month. It would have been our first one-on-one date since the birth of our first child. Our child is over 13 months old. FML
I agree, your life sucks 13 408
You deserved it 1 281

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I hope she had a good reason, you guys need to get time together very soon

Candygrl987 11

Hang in there buddy! Your wife will definetly make some time for you soon!

Comments

Oh_bother44 11

Is your wife the "primary" care-taker of your child? If she is, it's possible that she's just tired (toddlers and infants can be exhausting I've heard) and the thought of having to put effort into a real date may have been overwhelming- reschedule your date night but Maybe plan a date night early in the week (I know this was posted on a Monday but it may not have been submitted on a Monday)- an early week day date night gives a weekend's rest because (depending on your work schedules) if you have a "normal" 9-5 the weekend could be spent "co-parenting" giving her time to be a little more well rested before your date :)

until they are between 18 months - 2 years, babies ages are referred to in months.

Has your wife been separated from the baby at all? If not, it would be a good idea to get her some counseling...It can be a dangerous to not leave the house without her having the baby.

Eyalsh 32

a year. your child is over a year old.

kill4joy24 3
I_eat_hearts17 9

If it's important to you then you need to voice that! Every couple is different and have different circumstances. My husband and I don't care for date nights or going out alone. Nothing is different for us when the kids are or aren't present during an outing. However that's just us and we're perfectly fine that way. If you feel you need a break I highly encourage you sit down and talk to her about it. Explain to her why you need it and how you think it will benefit your relationship. If she still won't do it perhaps you could get out with some buds or plan an at home date night when the kid is sleeping! Good luck and hope everything works out!

LangenbackerRod 4

she is disrespecting you. Not cool

You mean your kid is over a year old?

I feel your pain. I had my son almost 2 years ago and before that was the last time i ever went on a real date. My fiancé will take me to the shooting range so he can try out his new guns. Thats as close to a date as i get.

the_schnook 3

It's funny how many women will make excuses for this kind of behavior but would a woman ever accept her husband neglecting her this way. Then when he goes out and cheats, she wonders why. Having a child is not a reason to neglect your partner. BOTH people(including the man) need to put time and effort into the relationship. What you won't do, someone else will.