By Anonymous - 16/11/2010 02:02 - United States

Today, my wife and I had one of the biggest arguments we've ever had, which resulted in her leaving, going to her parents' house and calling me twice, screaming and sobbing. The argument was over a seven dollar bottle of wine. Apparently, she was "saving it for a special occasion." FML
I agree, your life sucks 34 322
You deserved it 5 241

Same thing different taste

Top comments

thisgirl2u 9

Perhaps she was emotional and this was just the "straw that broke the camels back." Maybe She's been holding some serious anger issues inside for a long time.. like you always leave the toilet seat up and your clothes never make it into the hamper and you're just not the man she thought she married.. so Like any rational women upset and miserable with her life she takes it on you when you least suspect it.. you know like over a cheap bottle of wine.. ;-)

Comments

Are you having financial difficulties or does she have a problem with you drinking it? Maybe next time you should ask her before opening a bottle she bought, or just buy her a replacement bottle. Or get counselling on how some things don't require epic arguments like the one you described, and it's possible to deal with them in a more calm and mature manner.

I'm pretty sure she did not have the meltdown over the bottle of wine itself but I think that the wine was just a trigger to her all stored up distresses (that might have been caused by her husband).

I think the husband is the psychotic one

ieatdeadcats 0

cinn you are always taking fml posts way to seriously, most of them are bullshit anyways. my friend posted one once that got through and it was bull

Rustic, it's entirely possible that she stored up a lot of pent up frustration, however that is a big assumption. From the information we're given she got upset because he drank the wine. Now it could have been speficially about the wine, however it could have been a trigger like you suggest. However if the latter is the case then the two of them need help in getting their problems out there in the open to be sorted out.

Wow. the girl in the red is so logical it's making me re-learn logic. thank you for being so rational. you are a blessing among females (that have commented on here, no need to get upset). yes. from what we're given, it's not possible to draw up any other assumptions. you must be studying law?

Thanks, I think. But sorry, I study Chemistry. (Assuming you mean me, being the only one wearing red in their picture on this thread)

22cute 17

It takes 2 people to make an argument, especially one that big. Don't you wonder why Op kept fighting with his wife over something he considers so trivial?

the biggest fight you've had is over something that stupid? ..wow that's all I can say haha :|

chelle_starlight 0

could have been worse...it could have been over two buck chuck...

maybe she just kept quiet all the time and put up with your faults but couldn't anymore? so she had to let everything out in one blow?? it happens Op. just think back on little things you might have done that could have upsetted her up to now? or do you by any chance take things for granted and she's sick of it? could be number of reasons and ofcourse she could also be in the wrong.

succumb to the women's wants. you've learnt well ;)

I would put a witty and sarcastic comment here, but I feel like only wine-ing and grape-ing about this FML. Oh, and I am also unoriginal.

franwins0827 7

Sounds like there is a deeper issue here. Good luck finding out what she was REALLY upset about!

You shouldn't have argued back. You could've just said, '' bitch chill the **** down, I'll get you another one." THIS problem would've been solved.

if he hadn't argued back it wouldn't have been an argument it would have just been her yelling at him...

yeah she'd yell at him for a while then she'd just shut up. This whole thing wouldn't have been blown so out of proportion. I mean I'm pretty sure he knows his wife has a tendency to overreact, him arguing back is just adding fuel to that.

yeah, downside to that is some people take "i don't want to argue with you so i'm keeping quiet" to mean "i don't care about this thing that is obviously important to you for some reason" and then they start yelling about the not caring too :D

ilovenyrangers 0

wow. you're wife sounds like a real piece of white trash. lol.

lidemocr 0

and you LOOK like a real ****. seriously?? that's your picture??

if I had a necklace like that I'd show them, I mean it off too;) lol