By Anonymous - 16/11/2010 02:02 - United States

Today, my wife and I had one of the biggest arguments we've ever had, which resulted in her leaving, going to her parents' house and calling me twice, screaming and sobbing. The argument was over a seven dollar bottle of wine. Apparently, she was "saving it for a special occasion." FML
I agree, your life sucks 34 323
You deserved it 5 241

Same thing different taste

Top comments

thisgirl2u 9

Perhaps she was emotional and this was just the "straw that broke the camels back." Maybe She's been holding some serious anger issues inside for a long time.. like you always leave the toilet seat up and your clothes never make it into the hamper and you're just not the man she thought she married.. so Like any rational women upset and miserable with her life she takes it on you when you least suspect it.. you know like over a cheap bottle of wine.. ;-)

Comments

OP is probably an alcoholic and drinks daily, took her wine cos there was no beer left in the house, and drank it himself, alone. Poor dear was obviously really looking forward to drinking it for a spesh occasion.

it probably didn't matter to her if it was $7 or $7,000. and it was probably her favorite wine, possibly hard to find or discontinued. I say ydi for drinking it in t

I think you're on to something. Hell, she could have bought it to cook with, but it had alcohol in it, so he was all over it.

ChrisMora 16

But did the husband know it was "discontinued", or as others have said "sentimental"? He could have opened it thinking it was just a cheap wine bottle, and it escalated from there. However, almost every position on this is just an assumption.

CoachLlama 5

Hey this is the day you had your biggest fight! I'd say a very special occasion. Finish off that bottle and in the morning when you wake up, change the locks on the doors. She will remember this day forever.

get her back at all cost. you don't find women that classy everyday. unless you go to wal-mart at three in the morning. then there everywhere.

wow. sounds like she's an alcoholic & has more issues.

FYL for fighting with your wife over a $7 bottle of wine. how about show a little respect and go get your own damn bottle of wine. Just because you're married doesnt mean you get whatever you want.,

While she's gone, change the locks. In the long run, it's probably in your best interest.

are you sure it wasn't a 70000000000 dollar wine?

this reminds me of an ex girlfriend I had that would over react and scream and yell over everything. she didn't last very long with me lol