By Anonymous - 22/08/2015 09:44 - New Zealand - Auckland

Today, my wife accused me of cheating. Why? Because I recently started working out, and according to her, no married man tries to improve his physique unless he's trying to look good for other women. FML
I agree, your life sucks 25 413
You deserved it 4 650

Same thing different taste

Top comments

So stop for a little while and tell her she can't complain when you get fat.

Comments

If you can't believe you married her to begin with why do you care what she thinks? Just leave.

MrThump 16

First, congrats on wanting to stay fit. It's good for the body and good for the mind. I think your wife might be insecure. Time to reassure her show her she has nothing to worry about.... For a start don't speak about your wife like you did in this post!

Don't stop working out, bring her along if need be. Once she gets past the insecure part she'll love the remodeled version of you. Not just physically but mentally too. Keep on it man

And if you sat around and got fat she'd give you shit for that. Can't win...

I was sympathetic until that last sentence

If I could thumbs this up 100 times I would. OP Sounds like an asshole.

I'd be a bit concerned too if my husband made a sudden change without at least bringing it up in conversation first, not because of cheating but because our communication with each other had got so bad. Your wife needs reassurance, not you running off to strangers online to whine about it.

askullnamedbilly 33

Soooo... if your husband went running one morning without telling you first you'd break down in tears and question your whole marriage? Working out is not a 'big change', it's what everyone is supposed to do to stay healthy.

Well OBVIOUSLY OP deserves the abusive accusations, because he's not ...reassuring enough! Or...something. Whatever, the bottom line is he's a guy so he deserves it. She's a girl so she needs more pampering when she spouts abusive, controlling accusations. -sarcasm

I said a bit concerned, not a blubbering wreck. Maybe we're odd, but if I'm thinking of trying something different it comes up in conversation with my partner before he notices my toned abs. So for me, I'd find it weird, just not 'omg he cheated!' weird.

Working out is good... Ask her to join you...

AdmiralRiffRaff 7

Concerned with the amount of comments supporting OP's wife. If OP wants t better himself, his wife shouldn't leap to such conclusions. Chances are OP that guilty people make the first move and often accuse their partners, so OP's wife may eb the one playing away. Check it out OP, and I hope I'm wrong.

orsombre_fml 11

She is insecure and you are not really helpful. A good beginning to reopen communication would be to go to the gym together.

My ex wife flipped out when I bought new underwear. Obviously cheating. The old ones were getting holes in the bands.