By Anonymous - 28/06/2014 20:40 - United States - Oakland

Today, my soon to be mother-in-law sent out the invitations she made for my wedding. On them, it says "You are invited to this 'special' event". In the same way, I'm referred to as "special", and my name is misspelled. Hint taken, you bitch. FML
I agree, your life sucks 51 318
You deserved it 4 625

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Monster-in-law award goes to this one! Sorry op, she has some problems.

She seems 'special' in her own little ways, too.

Comments

Monster-in-law award goes to this one! Sorry op, she has some problems.

She's drawn first blood in this war of several decades.

On the upside, she's making herself look like a total asshole...it says more about her than it does you. That's low and pretty damn pathetic.

FroggerForReal 11

it would be wise to move very far away to avoid contact with her add much as possible.

incoherentrmblr 21

Gotta love the monster in laws...

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

I don't think referring to the bride as 'special' and misspelling her name was on accident

How do you accidentally call someone 'special'?

Like #9, I too thought OP was the bride without looking...

@#2 what kind of mother spells her own daughter's name wrong and "accidentally" put "special"

58, the kind who is not really the mother, but actually the soon-to-be mother-in-law.

There's a reason they're referred to as "monster-in-laws" hahaha

She seems 'special' in her own little ways, too.

Is your husband going to do something about this..? It is HIS bitchy mother...

More like the bride needs to do something. OP is the groom.

Well shit, this is true. I wonder why the hell the bride let that happen then.

91hayek 31

Or it could be a gay wedding so you could be right all along.

i'm surprised you even trusted your mother-in-law with that

Maybe she just insisted and OP had to give in.

CliffyB03 28

I'm gonna go ahead and say it's your fault. If you knew she didn't like you, why put her in charge of something special like that?

rocker_chick23 27

OP's future wife probably let her do the invitations. The OP doesn't deserve any of this.

Maybe he thought including her in the wedding preparations would help her warm up to him, or maybe he just had no idea how juvenile she was going to act.

For some reason I thought of that scene from My Big Fat Greek Wedding when Tula's mom spells the mother in law's name Harry instead of Harriet on the invitations. This is why the husband and bride should look over the invitations before ordering them.

What's your fiancé doing about this?