By Anonymous - 11/07/2016 07:58 - Bulgaria - Sofia

Today, my son finally got a job for the first time in his life. He only did it so he can upgrade his PC and buy Overwatch. He's 24. FML
I agree, your life sucks 12 365
You deserved it 3 567

Same thing different taste

Top comments

dietcoke09 25

When you get a job you earn money so you can buy things you need and want. Apparently he's only buying things he wants but it's also his money to do with as he please. Give him a little push and hopefully that'll make him save his money for what he needs.

Does it matter for what reason he's getting a job? Be proud he took the responsiblity to buy his own shit.

Comments

Who cares why he got a job, just be glad he did.

First job at 24?? It's partly your fault since you're apparently still allowing him to live at home without a job. You need to tell him he needs to move out and grow up. If you let this continue he could live with you forever. You need to watch the movie stepbrothers with Will Ferrell. A good person realizes how much time and effort it was to raise them then want to thank you when they're able to. I'm 29 and even though I'm not rich, I always make sure my mom doesn't pay for anything when she visits.

My parents made me get a job when I was a teenager. I had to contribute to the household. Why didn't you insist he get a job before he was 24 so he could buy stuff he wants and maybe live on his own or at least contribute? I suppose things might be different in your country, but in many countries kids live on their own for a few years before getting married.

At least he got a job to have what he wants. Like what do you want him to do? Give you his salary?

Make him pay rent so he'll keep the job or move out. Depends on your parenting style though. Just a suggestion.

bad_boyfriend 10

Enabling, you should familiarize yourself with the word.

To be fair, im 14 and doing the same thing. Raised money off of helping around my very small community and bake sales