Grow up

By Anonymous - 27/07/2021 07:02

Today, my son rejected a job offer because it interferes with the streaming schedule of some Twitch dirtbag. He's 19. FML
I agree, your life sucks 975
You deserved it 203

Same thing different taste

Top comments

rotflqtms_ 21

If you're paying for the internet, change the wifi password, cut off paying his phone bill and make him buy his own food. He'll realize he needs a job when his stomach starts rumbling. Make him pay rent too. Tell him, rent or he's homeless. Can't watch a twitch stream on the streets with no working cellphone. (The rent doesn't even have to be much, like 100 a month to make sure he works and can still save up for an apartment or something.) At 19, I was working to pay for my own college. Used tuition pay and made sure I worked enough to pay my monthly payments. Never missed a payment and got my credit score up high. I was managing my money like a boss since I started selling candy as a tween, and when I paid for my yearbook, senior trip, prom and my part of the limo when I got to high school. I would go to school, go to my team practice and make it a goal that I sold the rest of my box before I would go home. Went to every store. walked train cars etc. Then I'd go buy more candies and start again the next day.

If he living at home, tell him it’s time to pay rent or get out

Comments

He'll learn the hard way. Unless he's making thousands off of his stream, it's his future. I'm 19 and I can say I feel sorry for him.

it's not the son that's a streamer. he's refusing to to work so he can sit on his ass and watch a streamer and deserves no sympathy.

Lmao sorry for reading that wrong. That's even worse since that's the case. Pathetic.

rotflqtms_ 21

If you're paying for the internet, change the wifi password, cut off paying his phone bill and make him buy his own food. He'll realize he needs a job when his stomach starts rumbling. Make him pay rent too. Tell him, rent or he's homeless. Can't watch a twitch stream on the streets with no working cellphone. (The rent doesn't even have to be much, like 100 a month to make sure he works and can still save up for an apartment or something.) At 19, I was working to pay for my own college. Used tuition pay and made sure I worked enough to pay my monthly payments. Never missed a payment and got my credit score up high. I was managing my money like a boss since I started selling candy as a tween, and when I paid for my yearbook, senior trip, prom and my part of the limo when I got to high school. I would go to school, go to my team practice and make it a goal that I sold the rest of my box before I would go home. Went to every store. walked train cars etc. Then I'd go buy more candies and start again the next day.

I agree with all of this. at 13 I delivered papers after school, 16 part time job at a store. I was lucky my folks didn't charge rent while I was in college, but I paid back the student loans and for books etc myself. by 19 the kid should have either a job or be buried in post secondary work. 100 a month for rent even if the parent set it aside would be a teachable moment and set him for his own apartment down payment. I have family that's never had a job out of laziness and they are some of the most entitled people I have ever met.

rotflqtms_ 21

Exactly! You don't want to raise a lazy kid. Even if you're not hurting for money, charge your kid some form of rent unless they decide to go to college and maintain a specific grade. Have them do SOMETHING with their lives and not just waste their time. What will happen when the parents die and the adult child is left to learn how to manage money and to go to work? When they can't seem to get a job because they never had one. Bosses want to know what you did for at least the last 2 years. If it wasn't working, it better be school or they'll look elsewhere for a new hire. They don't want a lazy slacker. This kid is going to have to learn how to work for a living if he's going to make it on his own one day.

If he living at home, tell him it’s time to pay rent or get out

Yeah, okay, but don't call the Twitch streamer a dirtbag. S/he didn't tell your son to reject the job offer to watch them.

How dare you suggest your son interrupt his Important Twitch streaming to do something as mundane as work -- that's for low intelligence schmucks like you! Do not damage his mental health with your outlandish expectations.

Threatening to throw him out is not a solution. Cutting off internet is a solution. But you should really talk to your kid: did he need the job? Why is that show so important? are two good questions to start.

rotflqtms_ 21

They need A Job. Any job. They're 19! Out of high school and over 18. They're old enough to vote and need to get their feet in the working industry. The parents shouldn't want the kid to end up paycheck to paycheck trying to make ends meet just because he never learned how to hold a job when he was younger and had it easier. He has it easier right now. He isn't paying REAL rent. He isn't responsible for every bill and making sure he has food and clothes and transportation. He is under his parents' roof and is able to make mistakes now. He didn't even try the job out. He just rejected it because he wanted to watch a twitch stream. He needs to learn to be an adult before it's too late. Before he has a wife and kids (or just kids) and has ACTUAL responsibilities in life... before things really get real.

mccuish 25

Threaten to block twitch if he doesn’t find a job. Making money is more important than what your favourite streaming.

Your son sucks but that’s no reason to hate on the streamer…

And that's when you take his Internet away from him, because he's obviously still living with you.