By joyful-not - 26/10/2009 02:27 - United States

Today, my sister got married. For the second time. She's 30. Two men have loved her enough to cry over their vows to her. Every single person there asked me why I wasn't married yet. FML
I agree, your life sucks 34 711
You deserved it 3 212

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Your sister had a failed marriage already by 30. You're jealous? Try holding out for someone decent. Anyone can just go around marrying everyone who will give them the time of day. That's nothing to envy.

Comments

cuz you're ugly? fat? can't cook? don't give head? complain too much? aren't good at doing dishes? big nose? no boobs? flat ass? I don't know - I give up!

Hello Joyful-not woman I've been there before when love seems reachable for everyone other than myself. This will sound cliche, but really you need to love yourself first. Challenge yourself by trying things you've always wanted to do but are insecure about. For everyone it's different but it could be- travel, apply for a new job, take some classes. This will build your confidence and give you a sense of accomplishment. Don't listen to all these ignorant, rude comments. Being single has nothing to do with your face, body or your cooking -all of that is fine and even irrelevant when it comes to love. But it can be how you perceive yourself that is limiting you. I know it will get better. Best wishes. Remember to ignore the haters.

letitbe56 0

To be fair, she was divorced before she was 30. No point in being married just for the sake of being married.

Did you catch the bouquet? If not, you're off the hook. The correct answer is: "I've seen what rushing into marriage did for her first marraige, and I'm wise enough to learn from her mistakes." And if that doesn't 'settle it', then you add, "And my g/f says we're not ready to come out yet."

Erm, duh! Tell them that you haven't found Mr. Right yet, use your sister's sterling example as an excuse, etc. They have no right to harass you about it, so put them in their place.

wow i would love it if my fiance cried while saying his vows. that would be so sweet. but i dont have a fiance. so yeah :D lol. good thing im only 15.

I don't consider getting married twice to be an accomplishment. Unless she's a widow.

Amen!!!! Absolutely agree on everything! The questions never stop. After ur married, then its when r u going to have a child? Im sure after the child, they will ask when is the other kid coming?, etc... These r natural questions. Try not to worry and feel pressured. Live ur own unique life!! Don't get married to just get married. Life has so much to offer than the cookie cutter life everyone expects u to have. Wait for the right one! Divorce is a real bitch!!!!!! Ughh

Tell them you're a polyandrist and haven't been able to find two guys willing to marry you at the same time. If that doesn't change the subject, nothing will.