By joyful-not - 26/10/2009 02:27 - United States

Today, my sister got married. For the second time. She's 30. Two men have loved her enough to cry over their vows to her. Every single person there asked me why I wasn't married yet. FML
I agree, your life sucks 34 711
You deserved it 3 212

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Your sister had a failed marriage already by 30. You're jealous? Try holding out for someone decent. Anyone can just go around marrying everyone who will give them the time of day. That's nothing to envy.

Comments

Just tell them that YOU want to get it right the FIRST time.

dramakat11 0

That's so rude that people ask that. Ask about what's going on in someone's life currently but don't be like "Why aren't you this way? Why haven't you done this yet?...etc." It's essentially just an insult.

so sorry. I'm the only single person anywhere in my family, and it's hell.

Maybe your sister just marries to fast, second time and shes 30?

LejlaSr 0

To get married twice before you're 30 is sad! It seems American girls just wanna get married and is it real love or not doesn't matter, the ring is important! stupid!

"Two men have loved her enough to cry over their vows to her." - ok... and that's better than loving her enough to actually stay with her? (Unless she's in a country that allows multiple wives, but I'm guessing not. Apologies in advance if she's been bereaved...) But yeah, stop worrying about her love life and focus on finding someone for you - who will actually love you enough to stay married to you.

I wouldn't feel bad. As others have mentioned, it's a compliment. If you were unwed for obvious visible reasons, no one would be stupid enough to ask why

they don't love her enough to stay with her!

DareToDream7 0

Ross on Friends was married 3 times and he was only in his early 30's... Just saying. How he could get 3 women to marry him I will never know but I just thought I would point that out. And yesm I'm aware he is a fictional TV character but I'm sure there are many other men and women like him.

Chixken 6