By Crazy cat lady - 10/04/2015 15:20 - Canada - Winnipeg

Today, my roommate's noisiest cat passed away. My previously-silent cat has decided that someone has to fill the void, and has been running around the apartment howling ever since. FML
I agree, your life sucks 30 869
You deserved it 3 625

Same thing different taste

Top comments

It's likely because your cat misses the other cat. My cat did the same thing for a few days after our other cat passed away. Vets suggest allowing other pets to see/sniff the deceased pet so that they have a better understanding of why they are gone.

Comments

psychedelicstar 5

poor kitty. you should have more sympathy. the cat is probably grieving

Sounds like a catastrophe, if you ask me. But seriously OP, hope your cat can calm down and get through this.

Your cat may be calling out and looking for his friend. I had cats who were brothers and I gave one away because they were tearing each other to peices. When Obi-Wan was re-homed Anaken cried out for about a week. He went back to making normal cat noises after that. Yes we like star wars. Good luck!

You named your cats Obi-Wan and Anakin, how cute. They were brothers and then Anakin turned against Obi-Wan and they fought each other. Then Obi-Wan grieved for Anakin because he lost him. It's just like what actually happened in Star Wars. :( Obi-Wan was actually saying, "I loved you Anakin. You were my brother!" in cat. Now, you should get a kitten and name him Luke to keep Obi-Wan company.

He's grieving. Try to be understanding.

The cat misses him and is trying to find his friend.