By Crazy cat lady - 10/04/2015 15:20 - Canada - Winnipeg

Today, my roommate's noisiest cat passed away. My previously-silent cat has decided that someone has to fill the void, and has been running around the apartment howling ever since. FML
I agree, your life sucks 30 869
You deserved it 3 625

Same thing different taste

Top comments

It's likely because your cat misses the other cat. My cat did the same thing for a few days after our other cat passed away. Vets suggest allowing other pets to see/sniff the deceased pet so that they have a better understanding of why they are gone.

Comments

That's so sad, they are mourning the loss of their friend :"(

Aww it's probably grieving. Poor thing. I've always wanted a cat.

Da feels, when I see animals have such deep emotions for each other :'( I hope your roommate and cat are able to recover

How about FML for the person who lost their cat, and to your cat for losing its friend.

yellowzinnias 20

S/he is looking for the other kitty. :( So few people realize that cats -- whether lions or house cats -- are pride animals. They do better in at least a pair, and they become very attached other cats in their adopted pride and miss them when they are gone. One of my two likes to nap under a blanket, and sometimes when she has been hidden under it for a couple of hours, my other one will walk around the apartment howling for her until she comes out from under the blanket. The howling always stops as soon as she can see her "sister."

AphyTheBronette 15

This is why I own a dog. Who to everyone's surprise doesn't make noise or even bother to bark. She's a great dog. I suggest you go for a dog next time, they're trainable.