By Anonymous - 24/12/2014 20:02 - United States - Pennsville

Today, my parents refused to give my daughter her Christmas presents as an act of revenge against her father. FML
I agree, your life sucks 33 464
You deserved it 2 581

Same thing different taste

Top comments

How exactly does this punish the father?

"Harold, we have to get back at our son. I know! Let's take away our granddaughters presents instead! It makes the most sense!"

Comments

How exactly does this punish the father?

this is what we call misdirected anger. it doesn't always make sense....

I would imagine that, for most parents, watching someone deliberately be cruel to their child would be punishment. Sounds like grandma and grandpa are into some ****** up head games.

anonymous100000 17

this sounds like something my dad would do. not give us presents to make my mom suffer (his logic). sorry OP. your parents, unfortunately, are as crazy as my father. FYL

My father used to do this when my parents newly split up (14 years ago). Whenever he punished or upset my brother and I, it deeply upset my mother knowing he would do that. Misdirected anger, doesn't make sense.

HighasaCloud 46

Maybe because the grandparents know the father will need to deal with the crying, complaining, and sadness.

"Harold, we have to get back at our son. I know! Let's take away our granddaughters presents instead! It makes the most sense!"

"Ok we need a Idea how we can get back to our stupid son." - "We could just punish our Granddaughter, who did absolutely nothing to us and most likely won't understand why we do it, by not giving her any presents." - "******* BRILLANT JIM!" Well i hope someone told her why her grandparents are such dumbasses.

Or not their son at all if their daughter is no longer with their granddaughters father.

It's never mentioned if the TE is a he or she. The only things said were "My parents[...]act of revenge against her father." so might as well be a statement referring to himself.

Goldeyez84 7

Tis the reason for the season...... right?

Sorry to say that but your parents are coldhearted, that was very mean :( I hope your daughter is not too young and that you gave her a beautiful present!

Apparently something so bad that it affected one generation of his family.

iTzSelverZz 14

Buy your daughter a gift that will make her forget about wanting her grandparent's gifts.

JadeWinter 16

I don't really think a gift can cover up the fact that her grandparents don't love her enough to get over the fact that they disapprove of her father. That's just cruel, and it must hurt.

man_in_black08 28

Sounds like something a republican would say or do.. "You're either with us ..or against us".. just saying.

Your parents sound quite immature. If they have a problem with her father, then they should, hmmm, I don't know, talk to him and try to solve it?

these people are how old? acting like children , and punishing a child that didn't do anything wrong .wow that's very low of them.

Some swell parents you got there. Sorry OP maybe some time without them will make them wise up.