By John Nani - 25/12/2011 17:06 - United States

Today, it's Christmas Day. Normally, my family would be opening gifts right now. Instead, my mom is holding our gifts hostage until we clean the house. Apparently, "The presents aren't going anywhere." FML
I agree, your life sucks 16 319
You deserved it 29 382

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Unless you have a 5 story mansion with tons of rooms and she wants you to clean all windows, floors, ceiling etc then it's not really that bad.

DontClickOnMe 28

Haha, sounds like something my mom would do. She's such a perfectionist. But hey, at least you're still getting the presents! Merry Christmas!

Comments

DontClickOnMe 28

Haha, sounds like something my mom would do. She's such a perfectionist. But hey, at least you're still getting the presents! Merry Christmas!

DontClickOnMe 28

18 - That is so not cool, bro.. But since it's Christmas, I'll let it slide!

n_epic_fail 14

Sounds like a smart woman, now get to cleaning....

These are the kind of parents who don't seem to realize their kids are going to move far away and never look back once they're 18. Or maybe they do realize it and are hoping for just that. Either way, sucks to be you OP.

Well get that mr clean eraser and start scrubbing

Unless you have a 5 story mansion with tons of rooms and she wants you to clean all windows, floors, ceiling etc then it's not really that bad.

Considering how OP is complaining about something so insignificant, that guess is pretty likely.

ant2590 6
Alex_7759 13

My home is clean and nobody is happy here

AdrianEC 15

Chores on Christmas, that doesn't sound joyful.

OP should be grateful they have a home, and presents. A lot of people suffering from natural disasters right now, probably don't have either.

FMLsOhilarious 6

Um, I guess that means you don't clean to your mothers desire? I guess you'd better start if you want those presents of yours.

rcloca 10

What if the presents grow legs and walk away, then who'll be talking, huh.

IAMYOURPINEAPPLE 9

I think this may call for a professional negotiator to get out of this one.

flockz 19

call the swat team. we have a terrorist on our hands!!

Sarah_moustache 9

When you're scrubbing your toilet, just remember that you've got some presents waiting on you. Merry Christmas?