By anon - 31/01/2016 21:38 - United States

Today, my parents have deliberately ruined my last 2 relationships, because they want me to get back together with my ex simply because he is my son's dad. Apparently, my son needs his father more than I need a man who won't beat me every time he gets drunk. FML
I agree, your life sucks 34 685
You deserved it 2 065

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You're doing the right thing for both you and your son, OP! Stay strong, hopefully your parents will eventually give up, or you will find a relationship that they finally can't ruin!

Keep the relationships on the DL if you can so that you can give your son a better example of what it is to be a man. It takes barely anything to be a 'father' but it takes a lot to be a Dad.

Comments

Tell your parents, "My soon needs a DAD, not a father" (the difference being treatment of both you and your son)

ammacias13 9

my husband and I are separated. he doesn't ask to see her unless he needs to talk to me. even when we were together, he didn't take care of her. he is only her "father" on paper.

If they fully know the situation and still want you with an abuser then seek counseling or, if it comes down to it, forbid them from interacting with your son until they stop interfering.

Listening to "Porter Robinson - Fellow Feeling" and reading this fml made me sad. Scumfucks like that need to get murdered. No one should ever beat a woman, especially the mother of your own son/daughter.

Sandman2015 12

Time to cut them out of your life OP. These sound like the kind of delusional people that will tell your ex where you moved to, where you work and gladly give them a key to your house. This tends to be how people end up dead.

Not everyone can be a dad. Kudos to you for getting out of the abusive relationship. It's a tough thing to do and you rock for it. Keep up the great work for your son, OP. You got this.

After reading this I'm pretty sure people click "You Deserved It" just to be an ass.

Or they click YDI because she chose to have a kid with an abusive drunk and now she's complaining that her kid's dad is an abusive drunk. For some reason there are plenty of women who think that having a baby will magically fix a relationship that's turning bad, when in reality it just gives the abusive partner one more person to go after.

He might've not always been that way, he could've hidden until she was trapped, he could've forced a child.. You have NO idea of what happened: you are such a disgusting human to blame her for being in an abusive relationship. You apparently have no understanding of them.

Your son doesn't need his abusive father as a role model and he doesn't need your abusive parents as a role model. Put them on time out until they grow up.

NamelessGhoul 11

Maybe you should leave your parents too, they're clearly not good influences on you or your kid