By Fatlady43 - 19/01/2010 05:08 - United States

Today, my niece offered me a slice of cake. After I refused, she asked, "Why not? Aren't fat people always hungry?" FML
I agree, your life sucks 32 271
You deserved it 6 506

Same thing different taste

Top comments

The FML here is that your niece is clearly retarded, right? I mean, surely you already knew you if you were fat or not, right? This couldn't be another one of those my-life-is-******-because-someone-told-me-I'm-fat posts. Of course not. It must be the niece-is-retarded thing.

All you people are seriously pathetic. Honestly. I'm fat. I'm not obese, but i'm 20 kilos heavier than I'd like to be. Why? Because I eat too much. My bones aren't too big. I don't have some disease. My legs aren't broken, i could exersize if I wanted too. Why don't I lose the weight? I try, of course. I don't want to be fat. Perhaps I lack determination. But let me get to my point. I don't ask for sympathy for being fat. I just ask not to have it yelled at me across the street from strangers. I mean I don't get on the scales, look at the number and expect a hug, but just because I'm fat does that mean I should be insulted on how I look by people I don't even know? The OP was merely saying she was upset that her neice hurt her feelings. The FML doesn't read; "Today, I ate a cake. I'm fat. FML." so stop acting like she clubs baby seals with orphans.

Comments

You could lose weight if you wanted -- but your niece will always be stupid-rude.

noshitsherlock 0

You should slap her parent for raising such a stupid, rude brat. Teach the little bitch some manners.

Ever think that MAYBE the OP is NOT obese, but is not a supermodel either? Perhaps she's of perfectly average weight and her niece was wrongly taught that anyone who is not supermodel skinny is a fatass? I've met kids like that and it makes me want to punch the parent who taught them such things. I'm 5'4", and 130 lbs with a slight gut because I slouch. I've been called a 'fatass' be young children and douchy teenagers, just because my stomach doesn't dip inward and people can't count my rips through my shirt. It hurts and enrages me when this happens, because I'm a victim to ignorance and rudeness.

pendulum2012 0

If you live in the USA, where over 60% of the population is overweight, then I severely doubt that all the "mean skinny people" are being rude to you and ganging up on you. And I love how you made a comment about how skinny people's ribs show through their shirts and stomachs dip in. I get it, its ok to make fun of thin people, but making fun of overweight people makes you a monster. LOL

#59 Do keep in mind though, that they are probably just overdoing it. Kids and teens have the potential to be quite mean, not the innocent angels like people would like to believe. But still, blaming it on "skinny people" is ridiculous and won't help anyone feel better about their body.

I took no offense to #59's comment. I do not think it was implied that "skinny people" are to blame for size-ism. I think that they were just giving an example of the thought processes and prejudices of young kids by giving an example of today's standard of beauty.

Come up with something to say to the little snot. Tell her not to worry about her nose being so big, because her face will eventually catch-up.

So if a child tells you something innocently, you think the proper response is to hit back at her with something hurtful that might give her a complex for life and foster insecurities? Good thing the OP is an actual grown up, not like you.

thats being a little sterotypical.. their not always hungry.. only the people that are fat because of depression and keep gaining more weight cause they eat when there unhappy some fat people are just big and actually do starve them selves to try in lose weight.. for the skinny ones like my self idk cause i love food and i cant stand throwing up so idk.. most skinny bitches these days are tweakers any way.. ..

KayleeFrye 39

Let's say that someone is overweight. Not because of a disease, not because of depression, but simply because they overeat and/or don't exercise. This person decides to do something about it. Join Weight Watchers, maybe. Or refuse a piece of cake, like the OP did. Maybe they even join a gym and start exercising. No matter how you do it, losing weight is a long, slow, frustrating process. Yet no one gives this person credit for trying. People judge them every time they walk down the street. They laugh at them at the gym, and make jokes every time they eat something in public. How is that OK? You don't know that this person is not trying to do something to improve their lifestyle. Overweight people that overeat and don't exercise, then go and complain about their weight get on my nerves, too. However, just because someone is heavy does not mean it's OK to be cruel.

Some overweight people DON'T overeat. I know of many that actually eat very small portions normally, yet their metabolisms can't handle it quickly so the food isn't digested right away. These are unfortunate people, as they inherit it and it is in their genes, so unless they staple their stomachs surgically, they will get a bit chubby. It's not just a matter of trying or not.

KayleeFrye 39

I realize that there are many different reasons why someone might be overweight. If you reread the first sentence of my comment, you will see that I am simply using ONE type of an example. I was actually using myself as that example. Because even though "Some overweight people DON'T overeat," some do. And even when those of us DO try to do something about it, we are still constantly ridiculed, and everyone thinks that it's perfectly OK to do so!

Kaylee, thank you so much for recognizing the struggle of going about losing weight, especially without support systems. Myself, I'm exercising within the confines of my own home until I feel confident enough to let "it" out of the house and to a gym. When people see an overweight person "en route" to their ideal weight, they choose to focus on the superficial rather than how much emotional strength and willpower is necessary to combat even the smallest weight loss. It's nice to know there are people out there who understand the struggle and give a person credit for their perseverance. Thanks again.

Use this as a learning experience. Fat, obese, average, skinny...they are all relative to your state of mind. It doesn't matter what other people think, but what you think of yourself. I don't think your neice was being rude at all, just making an observation based on what pop-culture has taught her. No worries!!! :)

HeresReality 0

I'm so tired of all these "I'm fat fml" posts. Its your freaking fault and no one is going to sympathize with you. if your actually sensitive to people.notiing that you are fat go on a damn diet. typing an fml does not count as exercise by the way

You know nothing about this person or their eating habbits. I know plenty of fat people who eat very little and plenty of skinny ones who eat like pigs. The FML here is that even children have these obnoxious prejudices against others.