By Fatlady43 - 19/01/2010 05:08 - United States

Today, my niece offered me a slice of cake. After I refused, she asked, "Why not? Aren't fat people always hungry?" FML
I agree, your life sucks 32 271
You deserved it 6 506

Same thing different taste

Top comments

The FML here is that your niece is clearly retarded, right? I mean, surely you already knew you if you were fat or not, right? This couldn't be another one of those my-life-is-******-because-someone-told-me-I'm-fat posts. Of course not. It must be the niece-is-retarded thing.

All you people are seriously pathetic. Honestly. I'm fat. I'm not obese, but i'm 20 kilos heavier than I'd like to be. Why? Because I eat too much. My bones aren't too big. I don't have some disease. My legs aren't broken, i could exersize if I wanted too. Why don't I lose the weight? I try, of course. I don't want to be fat. Perhaps I lack determination. But let me get to my point. I don't ask for sympathy for being fat. I just ask not to have it yelled at me across the street from strangers. I mean I don't get on the scales, look at the number and expect a hug, but just because I'm fat does that mean I should be insulted on how I look by people I don't even know? The OP was merely saying she was upset that her neice hurt her feelings. The FML doesn't read; "Today, I ate a cake. I'm fat. FML." so stop acting like she clubs baby seals with orphans.

Comments

The cake is a lie... The cake is a lie... The cake is a lie... The cake is a lie...

Foxracingluver 0

#8 u better watch your mouth ... that's not true and who are you saying all skinny people have eating disorders... it's a serious problem that u probably know nothing about

I don't know if you're just slow or are intentionally 'missing' the sarcasm from #8. I agree that the idea that fat people are always hungry is about as ridiculous as the idea that all skinny people have eating disorders.

All you people are seriously pathetic. Honestly. I'm fat. I'm not obese, but i'm 20 kilos heavier than I'd like to be. Why? Because I eat too much. My bones aren't too big. I don't have some disease. My legs aren't broken, i could exersize if I wanted too. Why don't I lose the weight? I try, of course. I don't want to be fat. Perhaps I lack determination. But let me get to my point. I don't ask for sympathy for being fat. I just ask not to have it yelled at me across the street from strangers. I mean I don't get on the scales, look at the number and expect a hug, but just because I'm fat does that mean I should be insulted on how I look by people I don't even know? The OP was merely saying she was upset that her neice hurt her feelings. The FML doesn't read; "Today, I ate a cake. I'm fat. FML." so stop acting like she clubs baby seals with orphans.

qazwerty 5

why does "you're fat" have to be an insult? why can't it just be an observation? It seems the most likely since it is coming from a child.

"You are fat" is an observation. I am sorry to say that for most of society it has negative connotations. I wish it didn't. You could always refrain from commenting on people's appearances. It is easy to avoid commenting on people's weight, and tact should be encouraged from a young age. Teach your kids to say "It's great to see you!" or "You look great!" instead of "Have you lost weight?!" or "It's good to see more of you!" It's not that hard, my fellow imbeciles.

Not everyone has high metabolisms and excercise regularly. They do not eat 5 times the amount that thin people do.

pahiina20 0

Allow me to remind everyone about the FML regarding a man with Parkinson's and how everyone ran to his defense, saying how rude it is to make fun of somebody. Then reflect on what more than half of you are saying. Absolutely love the deterioration of respect in this society. /sarcasm.

The big difference here is that you cannot avoid having Parkinson's, it's not that person's fault that he has it. There are some exceptions, but generally, if you're fat, it's your own damn fault! The OP deserves it for being fat and expecting us to give her sympathy for it. Watch what you eat and get to the damn gym!

Generally, there are solutions. Generally. The fact that this woman politely REFUSED a piece of cake says something about her eating habits though, does it not? So maybe (probably) she's on her way to a healthier lifestyle. Does she deserve to get beaten up in the meantime, until she's skinny? That's the equivalent of assholes at gyms, looking at "Chubby" on the Stairmaster, and instead of saying, "Good for her for taking control of her life!", they say, "Why the **** did she let THAT out of the house?" Many people refuse to offer recognition or support until the weight is 100% off, and that's one reason major weight-loss is a difficult task to complete. Given, yes, the FML is in regards to a little girl who does NOT have that filter. But all these people being extremely critical of her condition have no idea what this women is currently doing about the situation. Again, her denying a piece of cake implies that she is aware of what she's eating and therefore on the journey to do something about it. My reference to the post regarding Parkinson's was more about everyone saying "You shouldn't make fun of anybody for ANY reason", and well, this happens to be "any" reason.

mshafty 0

"You shouldn't make fun of anybody for ANY reason" Seriously?? This site would be non existent if that was the case

I was having trouble replying, if this posts multiple times I apologize. You bring up a good point, dear. But those aren't just MY thoughts on the subject...that was a sentiment shared by MANY in the Parkinson's post.

"The FML Enrichment Center is committed to the well being of all participants. Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all"

I swear, this needs to be it's own category on FML. "I'm a fat woman, and someone called me fat, and now I'm depressed and I'm going to drown my sorrows in chocolate pudding." YDI x1000.

Oh oh, dude don't forget they'll also have a bunch of: "I'm in love with this really hot and rich guy but he ignores me"

escapenowx 0

so if you had a friend that was fat and they were made fun of you would say to their face "you deserve it because you're a fattie"? wow some friend. seriously you guys stop being assholes and to the girl i quoted don't be such a bitch because you're not that pretty but you don't see people telling you that (: