By MR - 10/03/2010 18:37 - United Kingdom

Today, my mum decided to teach me a lesson about carelessly leaving my wallet about. She left it on the floor so our puppy could use it and its contents as a chew toy. I was almost impressed to discover that he can eat three £20 notes and still have room for debit cards. FML
I agree, your life sucks 28 044
You deserved it 9 115

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Your mom is an idiot. Whether or not you deserved losing your money, the puppy doesn't deserve having all those plastic shards tearing through his system.

Comments

yottskry 0

"douche" and I never understood how that stupid word caught on as an insult in America.

Tomaino 3

I agree with those that say your mom made a very bad decision, both for thinking that it was a good idea to cause you to lose your money, and for putting the poor little puppy through the agony it will be going through soon. In my opinion, you can leave your wallet where you want. It's YOUR wallet with your money and your cards. What she might consider "lying around" might be where you CHOOSE to keep it. My dad hates when I leave my shoes "all over the place" but I leave them in the hall outside my bedroom door because I know they'll continue to be there the next morning. Your mom seems like the type who would force their child to smoke ten cartons of cigarettes if she found them smoking one cigarette.

Exactly! Who gets to choose where the 'proper place' for keeping one's wallet is? Surely so long as the OP knows where the wallet is, and it's not in anybody's way, who cares where he leaves it? Or is he supposed to keep it in his pocket all the time, even when walking around his house? OP, I know it must suck to lose your money (you can get new debit cards, after all), but it's your puppy I really feel sorry for here. I can't believe your mother would be such an enormous bitch that she would purposefully put your dog's health at risk just to teach you a 'lesson'.

If the puppy can get to the wallet, it is probably lying around. And when you are living with other people, especially in their house, you make compromises.

The OP said that his mum was the one who put it on the floor for the puppy to get, not him.

It's your parents house. Therefore they make the rules. If you want your own place to do as you please, move out.

Tomaino 3

#63, first of all, the OP said the MOM left the wallet on the floor so the puppy could get it, not the OP. Secondly, compromises are fine, but how much could a wallet possibly be getting in the way? Okay, so it's on the kitchen counter one day, bathroom drawer the next day, coffee table the next, on top of the TV...how are any of these hindering the mom's life so much that the OP deserves to pay a $60 fine, the inconvenience of having to replace all the plastic (including the debit cards and possibly ID or driver's license - had it been my wallet, he would have also eaten my Disneyland pass which is a $20 replacement fee, my medical card, another $20 fee, and an arcade card with enough points on it for 3 mp3 players) PLUS the cost of a new wallet?

PedoBearTrap 4

#122, the dog ate 60 pounds @ exchange rate of $1.60 per pound, thats almost $100.

Tomaino 3

Even WORSE. I can't imagine that the OP's wallet inconvenienced his mom so much that he deserved to lose that much money.

At least you're upbeat and optimistic about it. I'd be impressed too. Maybe your puppy broke some records.

chrisback5 0

Your mother is a moron. Make her pay you back.

Yes. Obviously, I have echoed you because two words from each of our statements are the same.

Soon, your mom's wallet will "accidently" fall on the floor and become a chew-toy (after you remove some money to compensate for a new wallet and the cash).

tell that bitch you need your money on time