By depressednupset - 30/12/2010 15:06 - United States

Today, my mother told me to 'quit having a pity party'. I was just diagnosed with depression. I've lost my boyfriend, my job, my academic standing, and I just got rejected from every graduate school I applied for. And my mother thinks I'm a cry baby. Great. FML
I agree, your life sucks 42 561
You deserved it 8 236

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Living well is the best revenge. Show them all by stepping up. Do deal with the depression. It's neither easy nor fun.

Comments

0opsie 6

Medication time? :D Don't worry OP, it's hard for people to understand depression unless they've actually had it. It's not something that can be helped on your own. You probably would still have the depression even if you still had your boyfriend and education, but losing those things definitely makes it worse. Just make sure to get the professional help you need so you can beat it and get on with your life.

PedoBearSaysYES 0

if you can't get professional help theres always free hotlines and websites to help. Its probably not as effective but it'll help some what. but each to his own. :( get well soon and remember things may look dark now but hopefully you'll pull thro this and you'll come out stronger than before. one way to help you is don't look back. what is done is done there's no changing it. just learn from your mistakes and keep on trucking. you can make it thro, and I hope ur depression doesn't get worse. good luck.

Those telling you to suck it up are not medical professionals and do not understand the clinical disorder that is depression. Your mom is one of those who needs to either go to nursing/medical school, or shut the eff up. You can no sooner get rid of depression by solely "sucking it up" than someone with diabetes can control their blood sugar using solely their magical mind powers. Seeking help takes effort and energy, but please do seek it. Also, remember the lesson your mother has taught you - she cannot be relied on for emotional support, so no longer seek it from her. (Funny that people like your mother and those who commented snottily in this thread would be the first to whine the loudest at any minor inconvenience that affects THEIR lives...)

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

Yeah, but I'm just a stupid surgeon. I guess that's why I've been voted down so much. What the hell could I know, right? *sigh*

AntoshaChekhonte 6

Get back in the OR, scalpel jock! When we need you to leave your wristwatch in someone's abdomen, we'll call you :)

You trump me. I've only been in the medical profession for 20 years and I only have a masters degree. So the OP should definitely take your advice over mine.

Brandon_ryan 0

**** your boyfriend keep everything to your self and as for academics well no comment

TheB0a 5

I agree with "Oopsie" and "Drunkbunny". OP, find a way to deal with your depression and then work on your academics.

30daywonder 0

stop feeling sorry for yourself and do something about it.

tykiej 0

While you do deserve a good cry, try not to wallow. Noone likes a victim.

pussinboots 0

my ex told me to stop having a pity party. I wanted to punch him in his face

sorry to hear bout that hun, but these things happen for a reason! ;)