By Mick_The_Disappointment - 11/12/2018 15:30

Today, my mother once again called me to remind me what a disappointment I am despite having two degrees, a house, a professional job and having never been unemployed at 25. FML
I agree, your life sucks 3 159
You deserved it 189

Same thing different taste

Top comments

purplewhanker 4

I hope you know better that you are a person worthy of acclaim, love, recognition, approval. Surround yourself with people who appreciate you for the wonderful, accomplished, caring, successful individual you are. Acknowledge and affirm to yourself, repeatedly and often, that even if no one, your mother, especially, is willing to see and recognize all those admirable qualities that make you the the success that you are, that you have YOU in your corner. Move ever forward, head high, ignoring those who would jealously strive to bring you down.

slimthundah 5

Neither is making grandchildren for an irrationally harsh mother. If they don’t want children, that doesn’t take away from their success and damn sure doesn’t make them a failure

Comments

wow. now I feel like a disappointment. I'm nowhere near and m 25.

kindameanalwaysfun 7

hell, I'm 31 and just graduated high school.

purplewhanker 4

I hope you know better that you are a person worthy of acclaim, love, recognition, approval. Surround yourself with people who appreciate you for the wonderful, accomplished, caring, successful individual you are. Acknowledge and affirm to yourself, repeatedly and often, that even if no one, your mother, especially, is willing to see and recognize all those admirable qualities that make you the the success that you are, that you have YOU in your corner. Move ever forward, head high, ignoring those who would jealously strive to bring you down.

How many grandkids have you made for her? Accolades and material possessions aren’t all there is to life.

slimthundah 5

Neither is making grandchildren for an irrationally harsh mother. If they don’t want children, that doesn’t take away from their success and damn sure doesn’t make them a failure

I’m not saying the mother is right, but I’m explaining how she could be disappointed with a financially successful son.

MA_medQ 7

Stop validating the mother’s bullsh*t. OP deserves to be proud of where they are in life without having to listen to their mother complain about all the stuff they haven’t done yet - that’s the kind of negativity you don’t need in life.

tounces7 27

Some of ya'll really need to understand his humor a bit better. Obviously he was making a jab at the mother.

slkeithh 14

1. He was joking. 2. It’s called devil’s advocate. Look it up.

Obviously your job is "professional". That's what that word means in the first place. See, shit like this is why your mother doesn't love you.

bl3ur0z3 17

So McDonald's cashier is a professional job? Or does the word "job" only imply "professional" when in a professional setting?

onceuponatime456 16

Perhaps it is best you stay silent so no one will know how st*p*d you are!

Get the sand out of your vaginas. If you can't spot a joke that obvious, and are so ******* prissy that you think "stupid" needs to be censored, what are you even doing on the internet in the first place?

TxKitten79 10

Wow. You're successful and employed and she's disappointed? What is she disappointed about? I'm genuinely curious.

Mungolikecandy 19

Maybe tell her how disappointed you are in her?

It's hard to be a gay otaku, but the whole Internet is there to love and support you.

onceuponatime456 16

Change your phone number and do NOT give it to her! Cut her out of your life forever, you will miss nothing!

and the reason you keep taking her calls is?