By butimarealbear - 13/07/2011 13:11 - United States

Today, my mother started dating a man who insists people call him 'Panda'. FML
I agree, your life sucks 35 679
You deserved it 3 252

Same thing different taste

Top comments

iAmScrubs 19

Panda no like being called regular name. Panda strong like warrior!

Comments

he is mixed race?? (was that racist?? sorry if it is) :(

ArsenalFan12 0

why panda? this makes no sense. should give more background

sunlovinmama 1

yea cuz we know they have no length limits on FML

Look on the bright side - this doesn't seem like a relationship that's going to last.

ajustice88 0

he isn't from Ft Worth is he?

ajustice88 0

because I know a guy who goes by Panda that I worked with

Flutist 3

So? Is he a good person? Does he make your mom happy? Panda could just be a nickname and he is comfortable with it. I hate when people get so shallow about the nicknames people have. My friend goes by Ducky and has since she was a child. It is what she likes to be called by people close to her. For all you know, Panda could be a very personal nickname that means something to him and he is letting you in on it. Instead of hating on a rather silly nickname work on getting to know the guy and decide whether "Panda" is just a rather strange but lovable guy or a jerk. If he treats your mom well, makes her happy, isn't abusive, doesn't drink or do drugs and has a job then it is none of your ******* business who your mom dates.

green_eggs_and_h 0

I think the problem with your comment is the fact that your questions at the beginning are unanswered. He could be a creepy, abusive child molester who likes little panda dolls, hence the nickname. And it's just a stranger's story on the Internet. So relax, take a chill pill, my fellow concerned citizen. And while Op may have no place in deciding who their mom dates, she still has the right to complain about her mom's decision.

dummbrunette 0

I agree with your comment, except for the last part. it is most definitely OP's business who their mother dates if they are still living in the house. that person, "Panda", can become their legal parent one day.

Flutist 3

Dating does not mean they are getting married. What I mean by "not your business" is that in the end, they will move out of the house and move on with their lives. Yes "Panda" might be part of that life, but as long as the guy is respectful and kind and a nice person and makes the mother happy, Op needs to learn to live with that. If he is abusive or rude to Op, then so be it, their mother needs to side with the child but a lot of kids (me included) hate anyone out parents dated because it isn't "our father." I feel like Op is being shallow with this because the only bad thing they have to say about this guy is "His nickname is Panda." If they said, my mom insists upon dating a guy named Panda who molests me in my sleep and picks his nose, spends our money and is a low life pedo then there would be a problem. I feel like the main problem is Op's annoyance that this person isn't their father only because i had the same reaction when my mother started dating again, I came up with all the flaws and didn't want to give the guy a chance.

well if actually IS their business who their mum dates- they'll have to live with 'panda' and be with him heaps if it's serious. I'm not saying they get a big say or any say at all but it most definitely is their business

dummbrunette 0

bro, it's an FML. why are you getting so upset about it? the point of FML is to have a good laugh and that's it. I understand where you're coming from, but maan, no need to look so into it.

A7X_LoVeee 10

To me it doesn't seem like he's getting upset. Actually I enjoyed reading his comments because he's right and it's a lot better than "lOL this is sooo funny!!!!!! best fml ever!" or "that sucks!!"

Flutist 3

#127-- The problem is not all FML are laughing matters. I like to think I use my brain for a lot of things. I didn't look into it, I just wrote what I initially thought when I read it. The best part of FML is the comments and discussions.

ParkersGirl 0

Ha! My boyfriend has a friend who insists on calling him 'Ninja'. There are some losers out there.

Iamaninchworm 0

You accidentally put loser not winner please pay more attention next time.

that doesn't make them losers you need to chill

Flutist 3

My boyfriend and his friends used to watch Transformers. My boyfriend went by "Deceptocock" and his friend was "Optimus Slime." I didn't see any problem with that, it was a joke between friends. Calling someone "Panda" isn't weird. I call my friend "Panda." Not cause she's Asian, but because she used to wear thick rings of mascara. She still goes by that. Op is finding any way to knickpick this person.

ShadowedHuman 5

Pablo Sandoval is nicknamed Panda

Haha, I just came here to ask if he'd gotten married. XD

ADub55 0

haha I was waiting for the first Sandoval reference Giants FTW!