By catstew - 02/10/2009 01:43 - United States

Today, my mother's beloved cat died and we thought it would be nice to bury it in the back yard. I came home from work and while walking to the door saw that the cat had been dug up and partially eaten by the local raccoons and strays. FML
I agree, your life sucks 34 130
You deserved it 4 443

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You obviously didn't bury your pussy deep enough.

How rotten. I bet your mum will be real torn up by this.

Comments

Be comforted by the fact that while your mom loved the cat, the raccoons and strays loved it even more. Just hope your mom doesn't find out you slathered the cat in ketchup before you tossed about a 1/2 an inch of dirt on it.

isn't it usually illegal to bury animals in your yard? i thought it was considered a biohazard, which is why you have to have them stuffed, cremated, or buried in a pet cemetary.

magicsparrow 0

A biohazard? So all the animals that die in nature are biohazards? Get real.

Jess_Love 0

in some states it's illegal to burry animals in your yard... i think the reason is people don't know how to burry animals correctly... ... come on even google could tell you how to do that. YDI for not using google: http://lmgtfy.com/?q=how+to+bury+a+cat there's a nice link for you XD

your ment to cover it with concrete ! so zombie cat dosent come back :( ZOMBIES ARE COMING

manmoosewaffel 0

you should sever the head so it doesnt come back as a zombie. You dont know what exactly got into that :)

ozymandias_fml 0

If you thought it would be nice to bury the cat, why didn't you? Sounds like you just tossed a handful of dirt ont he cat and called it good. Oh and, that is *very* illegal.

There's a reason human graves are six feet deep. Most animals have a far more powerful sense of smell than humans and will find a recent carcass buried in a shallow grave. If you don't feel like digging a deep hole, put some rocks or pavement slabs over the grave to keep it from getting dug up.

Most pets, especially "beloved" ones are cremated when they die, or at the very least not thrown in a hole in the backyard. In any case, it's something the actual owner has to decide. Since it's not yours you had no business doing anything with it.

Actually, all my pets, dogs and cats, were buried when they died. 6ft under. And thats because it's too expensive to get a 'personal' cremation of a pet because usually, the Vets just put a bunch of other animals in the furnace and you don't end up with your whole pet. So no, not everyone cremates their 'beloved' pets. And my pets were all beloved and still missed. Not only that but aren't you getting a little serious over an FML? I mean, 'it's something the actual owner has to decide' - it just seems a little cold. "Mum, you're the owner, you bury your dead cat. Make sure you go deep, though, if you don't want to see it again with bits missing."

You should have dug a deeper grave. PLUS, everyone who's ever hand dug a grave knows you have to cover it with a big rock. haven't you ever seen Westerns? jeusu christ. YDI. i hope your mother's beloved cat comes back and scratches your face out for being a douchefag.