By Anonymous - 12/12/2011 06:00 - United States

Today, my mother refused to agree with any of my logic because it's "not in the bible." She can't find any fault with it, just refuses to agree with it. FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 775
You deserved it 3 882

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Religious nuts anger me. They make for the most frustrating conversation.

Shadow_Phantom 26

"Don't think" should be their new motto, imo. FYL

Comments

Time to start reading your bible and use the word of god to help out. Turn it arround on her.

Why would anybody choose to put that much effort into prepping for an argument with their mother? Just accept that religion is a topic you two won't discuss & carry on with your relationship.

i am sorry for your luck arguing with your mom. it would be best to drop conversstions when you see them going in this direction. that said i have noticed that those arguing on behalf of logic are spewing insults and hate towards religous people.all in the name of calling them hateful and insulting. i know there are many bigoted hypocritical christians out there that use there religion as an excuse to hate, they make me ashamed, but please dont judge all christians based on a bad experience with a few.

crazy_whitechick 6

I'm agreeing with you... I'm a Christian and I'm always getting put down for my beliefs

ikickgingers 15

"Do not approach a woman to have sexual relations during the uncleanness of her monthly period." Is one of my favorites... Lolol

13: I'd agree if you agree to also trash the first three or four commandments (depending on which version you go by) and amend a few others to make them more applicable and relevant. 'Honor thy mother and father' should not be applicable to victims of child abuse, for example, and commandments against 'coveting' are basically thought policing, which to actually punish for is downright tyrannical.

crazy_whitechick 6

Well then she has a right to not listen... You should be more like your mom and follow the bible. And here goes the thumbs down just because I'm religious and believe in God.

Follow what part of the Bible, exactly? Most of the rules I read in there clash so strongly with modern morality that most Christians hardly follow it at all - and rightly so, as I wouldn't want to live in a society where rape victims could be forced to marry their rapists, or slavery was acceptable, or homosexuality was punishable by death.

Religion is fine in the hands of those that have an IQ over 20. For the morons, however, it can be a dangerous weapon. Just look at the Crusades or the attack on 911.

59 - The commandment against coveting is one of the most important. Think how much lying, stealing, adultery & murder could be prevented if people didn't want what others have. Another way of wording it could be "Be Content."

xxxviii 5

Since when does anything in the bible have anything to do with logic? The fastest way to make an Atheist is to take a rational,logical,open minded person and have them read the bible. Ask her where the logic is in condoning rape, slavery, mass genocide, animal and human sacrafices as well as threatening to condem someone to an eternity if suffering for thought crimes?.......Thought crimes?....lol,,,,,, ahh yes the logic of the bible.. priceless

katburton13 2

I don't think the commenter means you have to believe in God to follow some of the most important aspects and morals of the bible. Also, the comment was stating that if everyone followed it the world would be better, not that it needs to be enforced (like the instance of thought police). Of course, this is quite ridiculous to even imagine since it won't happen.