By Anonymous - 12/12/2011 06:00 - United States

Today, my mother refused to agree with any of my logic because it's "not in the bible." She can't find any fault with it, just refuses to agree with it. FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 775
You deserved it 3 882

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Religious nuts anger me. They make for the most frustrating conversation.

Shadow_Phantom 26

"Don't think" should be their new motto, imo. FYL

Comments

If we stuck to my libertarianistic "Do what you want to do, but don't harm the rights of other people and their property", then the world would be a better place.

KiddNYC1O 20

I laugh at HIGHly religious folks.

irish5569 2

Is the bible in the fiction or nonfiction part of the book store?

To get an idea of what your mom's (and many Christian's) hang-up is, read up a little about Christian Fundamentalism. The idea that there's a war between Science and Religion is relatively new and is pretty ironic, since much of the foundation of modern science was laid in the name of the Church and God. The Catholic Church has accepted most every scientific discovery, including Galileo's heliocentricity evidence and the theory of evolution.

Comments on any FML dealing with religion should be automatically disabled. I haven't seen one yet that hasn't devolved into petty "God is real" vs "god is stupid" squabbling. Believing is God is like owning a Snuggie. Some people are thrilled to have it, will use it as much as possible, and will tell everyone who will listen all about it. But the people who don't have one think that those who do are crazy.

Then, there's the REALLY messed up people like me. I have a Snuggie that I use & love, but I feel kind of stupid like I could've done the same thing with a regular blanket or robe.

perdix 29

Cars are not in the Bible, either, but I'll bet your mom rides around in one all day. ******* hypocrite. Never argue with fanatics, religious or otherwise.