By Anonymous - 28/06/2012 12:08 - Ireland - Dublin

Today, my mother met my boyfriend. She thought it would be appropriate to tell him that he looks just like my ex-husband. FML
I agree, your life sucks 25 143
You deserved it 2 798

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Is it really any surprise that you can date multiple people who look alike? This is what people mean by having a "type". Your type is obviously that guy.

Good way to break him into the family!

Comments

I don't really see a problem with that. She was just pretty much stating you had a type and he was apart of it. Unless he didn't know you were married before. Then YDI because he would have found out sooner or later.

olpally 32

Take your profile pic and use that advice for yourself and re-read the FML again. The mother clearly told the new bf about looking like her ex-husband... He already knows she was married before... Jeez!

I would honestly love to know How you know that the boyfriend knew she was married prior before ops mother said that? It doesn't say that anywhere. So maybe you should listen to my picture. Peace.

prior to and before mean the same thing, you don't have to say "prior before" S:

Thanks emba, I thought I erased "before." lol

KrazyKatz3 26

I think it's a situation where the boyfriend will feel she isn't dating him because she likes him for him but because she is still in love with her ex husband.

What guy wants to be compared to another? I can see why the OP would prefer the mother to not bring up such topics.

HairyPunisher 27

Just remember to say the right name during sex and you should be fine. ;)

But you thought it would be appropriate to get a boyfriend, who looks like your ex-husband, and you thought no one would point that out to you? Where exactly is the FML here? You deserve it!

Happened to me too, my friend told my boyfriend that he looked like my ex.. What a good thing to do -.-

Elovena 9

It's better then telling him he is ugly or something.

I've seen this fml sooo many times..

olpally 32

Oh really??? Your comment will be gone soon then... You never question the validity of the FML... Jerk! As for op, hopefully this guy is better than your ex-husband :)