By Anonymous - 28/06/2012 12:08 - Ireland - Dublin

Today, my mother met my boyfriend. She thought it would be appropriate to tell him that he looks just like my ex-husband. FML
I agree, your life sucks 25 143
You deserved it 2 798

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Is it really any surprise that you can date multiple people who look alike? This is what people mean by having a "type". Your type is obviously that guy.

Good way to break him into the family!

Comments

Dont feel so bad OP. my boyfriend said i look like his ex . I think its worse to hear it from the bf rather then da mom :/

ooh sometimes that can be an insult. If my fiance ever said that to me I would be offended because his ex looks like a crackwhore now. She was nowhere near pretty when they got married but she didn't look as bad as she does now.

210tex 1

What should you do if someone you are dating looks like your ex Don't say anything

perdix 29

She should add the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again expecting different results. Next time, bring a circus freak home.

hockeyoceancity 13

Looks don't mean they have the same personality.

Is she talking above or below the waist? I'd check that out if I were you!

noisebox 1

There's a bad omen right there ......

jayfreeman80 0

What is wrong with your mother being honest?

Because there's a difference between honesty and being a bitch. That statement is not the kind of thing that one's mom should be saying to a new boyfriend. Would you like to be compared to someone's ex partner, especially when you've pretty much just started dating someone? What she did was tactless.

What!!! Damn dis you know he looks like your ex husband?

My brother has been married 5 time and all of his wives were similar in height, figure, hair color and facial structure. Also they all shared similar negative personality traits. Basically he married the same mistake five times. No matter how many people told him this he just could not see it.