By thanksmom - 22/12/2014 23:15 - United States - Watertown

Today, my mother brought over some early Christmas presents for me and the kids. The kid's presents were fine, mine however consisted of many yard accessories, including solar lights. I live in an apartment building with no yard. Her response? "Buy a potted plant and shove them in there." FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 056
You deserved it 2 636

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Comments

Tell her that there's another place she could shove 'em.....

Plot twist: the attic is code for her ass.

27 why would OP's mother have a donkey named the attic, and why would OP shove them in that poor animal? It never did anything to OP to deserve that.

MzZombicidal 36

Did she at least give you the receipt? :( Even if she didn't, at least your kids got good presents :) That's what matters!

I have never seen anybody give a Christmas present with the receipt. However Thats just me.

MzZombicidal 36

#15, some of my family does it just in case you flat out dislike your gift. lol. Guess it's not as common as I thought.

My family does it too. We either give it with a gift receipt or let the person know that if they want to take it back to let us know and we'd give them the receipt. I'd never be offended if someone didn't like my gift and wanted to return it. It makes more sense to me to let someone take something back and get something they actually like rather than holding onto it and never using it.

I always give the receipt, not on case the person doesn't like it, but in case it has any issues where it could need replacing. although if they don't like the gift, that's no issue either

Your mom is awesome. I love when they buy u completely useless things. And by the time they could be used they are broken

meggieeeee92 27

Is she trying to hint that you need to move into a house with a yard? Seems like a really odd present for someone living in an apartment.

I bet everyone will be green with envy when they see your gift!

Ask her if she kept the receipt (especially for the solar lights)