By gatewayev700 - 26/02/2015 16:18 - United States - Reading

Today, my mom told me she'd canceled my spring break trip to Europe for my 16th birthday. Why? So I could get my wisdom teeth pulled 2 months early. FML
I agree, your life sucks 34 107
You deserved it 5 271

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Wtf? Sorry but that's not the reason why she cancelled it. She's hiding something because quite clearly that's not the real reason. I hope you can get things sorted out. GL OP

Comments

Um.... You're 16 and your mom was planning to send you to Europe but needs to take care of her health..... Poor you

16 and going to Europe for a spring break, I can think of several reasons why she may have decided to cancel the trip.

PANDORUM89 21

I have to agree with some of the others on here, she's hiding the real reason. unless you are having some serious pain or there is a medical reason why they need to be pulled that much earlier I wouldn't believe that to be a true reason. maybe she can't afford it anymore and doesn't want to burden you with money problems. overall though I'm sorry you don't get to go on your trip I know how it feels to have a parent do that to you.

wow... who the hell gets a Europe trip for their 16th... sorry but you seem to be spoiled. think mom made the right move in canceling. I'd recommend that gift to someone who's 18 instead

So what makes somebody magically better once they're 18? OP might have earned it for all we know.

So you feel that because someone else gets something you didn't get or would give to someone that age it means they are spoiled? Different families do different things. For some families birthdays are all about traveling and going places. Hell, for some families, traveling and going places is just a thing they do so they can learn about other cultures and grow as people. If it can be afforded and is possible, it's not a bad gift to give someone of any age.

It's not "spoiled" to be disappointed when one is promised something wonderful and then the promise is taken back.

countryb_cth 38

Also ever think it might be a school trip and because her birthday is so close her going was her birthday present.

"the tooth removal would cause OP to miss too much time in school" If getting her wisdom teeth causes her to miss any truly significant amount of time in school than that would mean they either have a really awful dental care practitioner or are not very good at following care instructions. That or she is really, really, unfortunately unlucky. I got all four of my wisdom teeth out in one go and was able to go back to work the next day and I was a cashier. The OP should be more then capable of sitting in class and listening to a teacher or filling out sheet work when her teeth are taken out. She may, however, have an excuse slip for gym or, if she's in one, choir.

hoosiergirl94 31

What a great birthday present!

Get a job and save money to plan your own trip to Europe. If you depend on someone's else money you're always going to be disappointed. Earn your own money and do whatever you want with it.

Well you'll be in pain if you don't get them pulled. I think your well being and health is more important than taking an expensive trip to a foreign country. Js

Wow OP. I'm almost 30 and have never been able to afford a European trip AND be able to pay my own bills AND afford a wisdom tooth extraction. Be grateful your parents can afford all of those things at once.

Go when your 18 so you can go have a good drunk wail you there.