By gatewayev700 - 26/02/2015 16:18 - United States - Reading

Today, my mom told me she'd canceled my spring break trip to Europe for my 16th birthday. Why? So I could get my wisdom teeth pulled 2 months early. FML
I agree, your life sucks 34 107
You deserved it 5 271

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Wtf? Sorry but that's not the reason why she cancelled it. She's hiding something because quite clearly that's not the real reason. I hope you can get things sorted out. GL OP

Comments

Might sound mean in saying so, but it's probably a good idea to get them pulled early. Mine were never pulled and one of them chipped from an injury and ended up becoming accessed. It was the worst pain I have ever felt, and I've had my nose broken before.

That's not really specific to Wisdom teeth though. If you had chipped any other tooth in your mouth the same problem could have occurred. The reasoning behind people getting their wisdom teeth removed is because either their mouths don't have the room for them, or the teeth are just coming in wrong. If there is space for them in your mouth and they are coming through the gums normally it's perfectly fine to not have them removed. The same as any other tooth. Though I imagine it does suck to have to go through the "teething" process, so to speak, as an adult. However, it does really suck that your tooth got infected and I'm glad that it's over for you. I hope you never have to experience such a pain again. Good wishes for you and your teeth.

Thank you. I've had a similar event with a previous wisdom tooth. Chipped from biting down on something too hard and it eventually broke apart to the point where even soft foods set me in unbearable pain. I had that tooth pulled immediately after. All in all, wisdom tooth don't like me as they're the only teeth I've had chipped and eventually fractured. I've got one left that is still intact and not chipped. The rest of my teeth are as strong as can be.

Meant to aay abscessed in my last comment, but my phone decided to autocorrect it to accessed.

sparky333441 18

Wtf? I'm 16 and there's no way in hell I'd ever get a spring break trip for my birthday. Just be happy you almost got one, OP.

She couldn't afford it and wanted an excuse. Women are just slightly crazy with a loose grip on reality