By Facepalm - 15/08/2011 23:09 - United States

Today, my mom threw out years worth of trophies that I'd put tons of effort into earning. Her reason? They all looked the same to her. FML
I agree, your life sucks 33 078
You deserved it 2 566

Same thing different taste

Top comments

corbendo 3

I'd be digging through the trash if I were you.

Comments

mrdiehler 0

Definatly not a "soccer mom"

I like how OP's username is Facepalm.

How rude! What kind of mother does that?

BIEBERSLAYER 10

Shes not getting any trophy for worlds best mother.

wat11115 0

My moms the same way... Sucks man

Apparently your mother was never taught anything about personal space/property. Who cares of SHE thought they were all they same? They were not hers to throw away! Reminds me of when my mother in law donated a bunch of clothes that belonged to me for the same reason. Apparently she'd never heard of a work uniform before.

everybodyluvsMEN 0

Didn't she like break something of yours once too? It was on the comments like a few months ago lol

Yes, No 21, you have said a mouthful! My mom was the QUEEN of this annoying trait. I often came home to find my belongings had been rifled through and things I'd treasured had been tossed in the trash including out-of-print books (who throws away books?) and my writing. She tossed my writing all the time because she wanted me to 'do something productive.' I am a professional writer. I'm pretty sure writing is good preparation for that but my mother, who was a secretary, would obviously know much more about that than I. The OP's mom tossed the trophies because she didn't give a **** what they meant to the OP. To her, they were just more shit she had to dust. It is all about not respecting the child's space, not being interested in your child's interests and having no pride in your child's achievements. Why do people like that have children?

Actually, 45, my In-law threw away many concept sketches that were for work, thinking it was garbage, amongst other things. I have had many MANY problems with her not knowing how to mind her own business and to stay out of our things, which ultimate lead to us changing the locks and refusing to give her a spare key, no matter how much she whines about how she 'has the right' to have a spare. Our problems with her started long before marriage. I could write a book on the things she's done to annoy us and not understand why we were annoyed. This is one tiger who will not change her stripes, no matter how many times we tell her that her behavior only makes us hate her more and more. We've even considered moving without telling her, just to drop all connections with her. It's been so long and it's to the point where she has no redeeming qualities for her to be in our lives. It's very sad...but some parents end up that way and for some very strange reason, they're too blind to see it coming, nor do they understand why. I believe OP will make a very similar decision sometime in the future, assuming their mother continues their selfish behavior. (Sorry for the long post. I've been on forums a lot lately and am use to extensive conversation again)

Nevitt 9
vIBC 0

There pieces of plastic who cares?

Glitterhinoceros 14

Some are made of metal :( That you can knock OP's mother out with by hitting her over the head, so you can retrieve your trophies and live happily ever after.

that sucks i would have been mad if my mom threw away mysoftball trophys