By Anonymous - 19/06/2009 17:52 - United States

Today, my mom thought it would be a good idea to see what websites I go on from my computer while I wasn't home. She clicked the link that gave my computer a virus that I just got rid of a few days ago. FML
I agree, your life sucks 48 167
You deserved it 5 539

Same thing different taste

Top comments

This is why you delete your history.

That is also why you lock your computer.

Comments

Clear your history. I hate moms sometimes.

Paying to have a virus removed is even more stupid than going to a website that gives you a virus.

Having a computer that's vulnerable is even more stupid. Next time, buy a real OS.

Like a Mac? Won't give you any virusses. And if you want one of the 3 trojans out there you'll have to authorize and install them yourself ;)

Three?.. hahaha, There are more. :P And it's not hard to keep a PC from getting a virus; just be careful about what you do... especially with IE.

the point is to teach her to mind her own business

If your only reason to use a Mac is to avoid viruses then you must be a total idiot. Avoiding viruses on Windows is as easy as taking two minutes to install AVG free and not being an idiot.

No, it's just one of the thousands things less to worry about :) If it only were the viruses 'which take only two minutes of your time..' I'd be an idiot making my life worse using incapable stuff.

Kyothine 0

Yes, that's smart! Get an OS that's virus-proof ONLY because no one uses it! **** you, get a good system, like GNU/Linux, which is virus proof because it's secure!

tell your mom to pay to bring the computer to a local repair shop and get the virus cleaned up.

....that's why we lock our computers, sir...

lmmmr 0

At least you know how to fix it this time.

ejvlols 0

did it ever occur to you that the OP just went out for an hour or two having no reason to even turn off his/her computer. just because he didnt bother to turn off his computer, doesnt mean he is an idiot or "Password his computer asap." because he/she probably already has

window key + L. It takes 0.6 seconds to lock the screen. He should also have it set up to lock automatically when the screen saver turns on.

You are an idiot. Password your computer asap.

And that's why you put a password on your account.

Pretty sure this was meant for the palm pilot FML...

Yeah, lock it or password it. She's just trying to find out what **** you're looking at, anyway.

Yeah, just viruses. You have to secure your computer against Mommies yourself, no matter what OS you use.

I spent 6 HOURS only about a week ago getting a virus off a friend MacBook Pro (the newest model too), if you still believe that there are no viruses for Macs, I could gladly mail you a couple.

No it doesn't. They just haven't held enough of the market share for long enough to make it worthwile to write viruses for yet. More and more are popping up recently though. If you keep convincing yourself otherwise, you will be in for a rude awakening in the next couple years.