By Anonymous - 19/06/2009 17:52 - United States

Today, my mom thought it would be a good idea to see what websites I go on from my computer while I wasn't home. She clicked the link that gave my computer a virus that I just got rid of a few days ago. FML
I agree, your life sucks 48 167
You deserved it 5 539

Same thing different taste

Top comments

This is why you delete your history.

That is also why you lock your computer.

Comments

King_of_Kings 3

you should have been smart and deleted the bad links out of your history. its called going to tools and clicking delete private history you dumbass. if you guys reading this want to see some good videos of Things That Deserver To Be Destroyed, follow the following link - http://www.youtube.com/PlyWoodProductions

ithedarkknight 0

dude screw the computer i would be mad my mom is invading my privacy like that really... i think parents do that because they know the nasty shit they use to do growing up so they feel like they got to see what your doing because they remeber what she use to do...

- get a password to lock the computer. - clear the cache. - don't get a virus in the first place? obviously you were on sites that weren't safe, or that you weren't supposed to be on in the first place.

lol that sux but imagine she found ****? that would be so awkward. consider urself lucky

YLIF, but there are tons of ways you could have avoided this. First and foremost, if it's your own personal computer, lock it when you're away! Clear your history and private data after any security risk arises or is resolved. Or if you really like keeping your history, at the very least, clear the specific items in your history that would be dangerous to click on. The only reason I'm not saying YDI is that your mom shouldn't have been clicking through your history without asking you.

Better a computer virus than an STD.

There are viruses no matter which OP you use. But anyways you really should have cleared your history.

haha, it's funny that you people act as if there's such a thing as privacy when you live with your parents. The fact is, so long as you live with your parents you're not far up the ladder above a pet. No, they can't abuse you, but other than that, they can do just about whatever the hell they want to you, your stuff, etc . . . Now, admittedly, pets can't buy their own crap (I'm assuming you bought this with your own money?) but you are still in their house, so just expect that privacy is a no-go. Hell, even if you password protect it it's possible she'll just confront you and ask you to unlock it. Parents can be pretty darn aggressive about these things.