By lel - 06/11/2018 13:30

Today, I got a blue screen of death on my brand new computer. Why? My parents installed an "anti-virus" before I got home. FML
I agree, your life sucks 3 002
You deserved it 236

Same thing different taste

Top comments

This is why I only have my account on my computer, locked with a password. The only other people I let use it are the IT certified members of my family.

Comments

This is why I only have my account on my computer, locked with a password. The only other people I let use it are the IT certified members of my family.

LadyRen 20

Did they also install a bunch of toolbars?

maroongrad 13

This would be why you immediately lock down admin privileges. Hoping they cover the cost of getting that fixed!

onceuponatime456 16

Nope, an anti-virus program will not cause a blue screen of death. You mean they installed what they thought was an anti-virus but even so, it is a brand new computer and a factory restore will take care of it! This is not an FML.

I think OP gathered that Shall we talk slowly to you

Insanegd 4

I still flash backs on working those nightmare computers. A person somehow installed 3 antivirus programs on their computer. When you have a working comp again, ensure those two have non-admin profiles and keep your profile password protected. No matter how much they whine about it.

IrieStorm 9

A brand new computer means you probably with lose much, if anything, by resetting it. This time put a password on it.

BSOD isn't the end of the world, plus it could just be coincidental. Seems presumptuous to blame one piece of software when the majority of the time it is hardware/driver related. Do you even know what the STOP error was?

I agree with the password coments and the factory reset. Your parents were fooled by one of those scams that take your money ans deliver junk. Everyone stay with brand name software and flash drivrs. When in dought google the name of the software or check cnet.com for reviews.

GUYMAINE 16

that's what you get. let me know when you get a safe so i can just walk in and open it