By Anonymous - 30/12/2010 15:37 - United States

Today, my mom thought it would be a good idea for me to talk with a British accent during my job interview to make me sound smarter. I'm applying for a job at McDonald's. FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 592
You deserved it 5 365

Same thing different taste

Top comments

backdownbreh 0

'British is not a different language. you're a retard.

Ninjafriends 1

Did your mom suggest this while using a British accent to make her idiotic idea sound better?

Comments

hpfan777 0

It sounds like your mom is an MLIAer.

I've always wanted to have a British person put in my order at McDonalds. This is close enough

Then come to England and be served by a chav, you won't think of us English as all posh people in suits then.

I can just picture someone at McDonalds going "Ello chap! what would you like for tea? we are featureing our bacon doblestacker with a large chip and a large soda!"

MrCookieDough 0

Haha if only, in the UK the majority of the people who work at MDs are greasy faced illiterate chavs with no qualifications. The last thing they would be doing is speaking properly, you just get a grunt as a reply.

Sounding like a toothless, arrogant, snob makes you appear smart?

#102 fail, need to get the hang of this bloody phone. Just look below for my reply, and don't judge my technophobe status

Hmmmm... thats the slightest bit racist is it? It always pisses me off when Americans stereotype us like that, Especially because if it hadn't been for us and the Dutch, you wouldn't even exist, unless you are a Native American in which case i apologise for invading your country and for our Spanish cousins for the Spanish inquisition. Thank you for your time.

Should of used a spanish accent. Would of got the job on the spot!!

Should have* Spanish* would have* !* Way to go.

Before you start worrying about different accents, I'd learn English first.

stupidity runs in the family tree then...

farside, going from above, you're a Texan? Well, can I just say that if we're stereotyping by accent, you probably aren't going to do too well... You probably want to check most of the mouths of people in Britain too, we do, contrary to what you seem to believe, generally clean our teeth. Some of us even use a brush :D

MrCookieDough 0

You're going to have to narrow it down a bit if you want to talk in a 'British' accent. There are four different countries in the United Kingdom, all with different accents. Take your pick.

And within those 4 countries the accent ranges massively even between cities. Perhaps she should use a Scouse accent, or even a Glaswegian accent? Thank you for reading.

You do realize that pretty much no "Brits", as you call us, speak like that. Also you fail to understand that received pronunciation, or the queens english, which is what most Americans think of as a british accent is only spoken by a very few people. Finally, Britain also includes accents such as: Welsh, Scottish, Liverpudlian, Cockney and of course the most impenetrable of accents: Northern Irish. Thank you for your time.