By stuckwithafamilyofcunts - 27/04/2013 20:23 - Spain - El Puig

Today, my little brother gave me an open jar of peanut butter for my birthday. I'm deathly allergic, and he knows it. Despite his maniacal grin and snickering, my parents said it was an innocent mistake, and grounded me for yelling at him. FML
I agree, your life sucks 56 638
You deserved it 3 675

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Just think, another few years and he'll progress to cutting your brake line....

Unless your brother is like, 2, your parents need a serious reality check on life...

Comments

oj101 33

I'm going to go out on a limb here (no pun intended) and ask what led him to doing that. Few children are truly born evil, so OP must have done something to upset his little brother. If not, then I'd sleep with one eye open if I were you OP.

Many children (if not most) ARE born evil. It's like a disease, and good parenting is the cure.

It was probably a childish joke of the brother - I doubt he was genuinely trying to kill OP. It was wrong and I would have yelled at him too - but I don't think the brother wants to murder his sibling..

Lycoris_fml 13

My oldest is allergic to peanuts/nuts. I'd be flipping out if anyone gave him peanuts, especially a family member. It's a matter of life and death.Your parents suck, OP.

I don't usually go in for evo-psych, but I have to wonder why most people's reaction to learning someone has a food allergy is to casually try to murder them like nobody will mind.

It's because some people don't believe that food allergies are that serious, and that those who say they are allergic are either over reacting or just being drama queens.

Perhaps they just want to see what happens? Curiosity doesn't just kill cats. Dexter's Lab has taught us that.

I tried to make a pun, but I'm nut very good at making them.

NiZZALooNY 9

Your parents are assholes for that

That's a sticky situation, and your parents are nutty.

As long he's not slipping it to you when you're not looking, you're overreacting. Obviously he's annoying and at least somewhat bratty, but your brother is not required to get you a birthday present. Be mature about it, ignore his bratty behavior, and enjoy your birthday without a thought to him. Yelling is not necessary.

TVKill3r 15

I'm guessing you missed the part where he said he was "deathly allergic". That means he could die from exposure in case you forgot how to use a brain.

Did you even read this FML? OP wasn't complaining about a shitty present because she wants something better. She could have died from it.

either you misread the thing or you stopped at where she said she got the jar but she said she's allergic this little bastard of a brother might as well shot her

MissCharlotte_fml 26

Yelling is ******* nessasary. You may have missed the part where OP said she is deathly allergic. Even smelling, touching, or being near peanuts can give someone an allergic reaction. I was in the hospital for 3 days when someone tried to feed me a pistacchio. My doctor said that if I had swallowed it, I might have died. Also, it would be better if someone shot me because they can remove a bullet. So please spare us a stupid comment next time and read the FML.

With all due respect to Pleonasm, Pendatik was doing the multi-pun comments loooong ago in the early days.

my brother does the same thing. he knows I'm allergic to grass and he always throws it at me FYL

mimikinsz01 6