By Anonymous - 14/03/2015 16:11 - United States - Janesville

Today, my instructor turned up late to get me for my driving test. I soon realized something was seriously wrong. Turned out his wife left him last night, and he'd been drinking the pain away all morning. He ended up rear-ending another car, and now I have to reschedule my test. FML
I agree, your life sucks 33 459
You deserved it 2 616

Same thing different taste

Top comments

nesteremily 31

I agree that is definitely FYL. On the bright side you didn't get hurt

Heart broken or not he must've known that was the worst possible idea. Should have called in sick.

Comments

Wow, this is a **** both of your lives... Hope he gets his life sorted out soon and that you didn't have to pay for the "lesson". It gives you first hand experience with the effects of drink driving though!

Oh boo hoo, poor you. His wife leaves him and you complain about your test being pushed back.

The driving instructors personal problems should not have gotten in the way of his job. Sure, it sucks his wife left him, but neither of us know the details of that, so we can't really make good judgement on whether his wife is good or bad. But that's not the situation at hand. OP's driving education is being pushed back because his driving instructor has a shit way of handling his problems and clearly needs help. That's not OP's fault and OP shouldn't have throw a pity party for a grown man. So yeah, I think it's okay that OP was a bit frustrated with the whole situation.

Heart broken or not he must've known that was the worst possible idea. Should have called in sick.

I don't see the problem. Just reschedule your test with a different instructor.

#17, you don't see the problem?! OP's instructor pulled a DUI out of his ass. Had he actually gotten to his/her's house, there could've been serious issues. I'm glad OP wasn't in the car with him...

I took it as OP was in the car with him at the time of the accident, "realized something was seriously wrong", I thought was the implication.

The instructor is just showing you all the things you shouldn't do on your road test. Hope you took good notes, OP.

The driving instructors personal problems should not have gotten in the way of his job. He handled his situation poorly and clearly needs help. How unprofessional of him. You really could've gotten hurt had he actually made it to your house. Count your blessings and reschedule OP, that's the most you can do in this situation.

TomSenpai 9

better him than you :/ poor guy

FYL OP! I feel bad for you because he was late from a DUI accident. I also feel bad for him about his wife leaving him. Heartbreak is tough; however, it was very wrong of him to not call in sick. Hope everything gets better for the both of you!

at least no one was seriously injured

Exactly what I'm thinking. This was instruction not a test btw. He should've drove to OP's house or their meeting place. Then OP should've been driving. My instructor never drove with me in the car, I drove. The whole point is for ME to learn how to drive. Not him. Something seems off with this story.

The both of upu need to learn how to read. OP never made it to their test. OP's instructor never made it. The instructor was never driving during the test because there was no test. OP had to reschedule said test. The instructor rear ended someone resulting in him being late. The instructor should've known better. OP probably had to find a new instructor because of their instructor causing an accident from driving under the infiuence of alcohol.