By I'm my husband's second mom - 03/11/2015 07:14 - United States - Dickson

Today, my husband got angry and stormed out of the house because he claims I wasn't pressing the buttons he told me to while playing Pokemon. FML
I agree, your life sucks 22 856
You deserved it 4 494

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Pokémon is serious business... get it together OP.

leggo17 3

Well push the buttons right! Dang you don't want Charizard to get destroyed when magickarp used splash! Gosh...

Comments

I am reminded of a line in "death becomes her" when people complain about others they chose to marry, when she says "now you tell me". Like wtf u don't know these things about someone u are going to be with for the rest of your life? No wonder there are so many divorces. Besides u should be glad he gets passionate about things.

I agree you should get to know your spouse as much as possible before marrying them, but NOBODY knows their spouse 100% before. There are always new things you will learn, and people can change too. I don't think it's too unusual that OP wouldn't know, out of all things, how her husband is when it comes to playing pokemon together, especially if she isn't a gamer and generally doesn't play with him. Also it is nice that he's passionate about things, but in my opinion that isn't a good enough excuse to treat her badly, so she should have the right to complain. And I don't agree with the view that a person shouldn't complain about their spouses flaws and should just suck it up, simply because they should have known every aspect about them before marrying. Following that logic, I should tell abuse victims that it's their own fault for missing the signs and they should just resign themselves to their fate and stop complaining. Or tell people whose spouses are cheating on them that they should have known ahead of time it would happen eventually, so it's their own fault and they shouldn't complain.

wauw... diden know a comment could be that long :O

Ah, so your husband is a rager.. Good luck! Lol.

Was he telling you to hold down + B or whatever when capturing a Pokémon? Because that doesn't make it more likely to land the capture. In the oldest games, while held buttons did influence the random number generator, you won't know what value is being changed to what so it doesn't matter at all. That is to say, a success can be changed to failure just as easily as a failure into success - it goes both ways.

and that, children, is why you NEVER come between a man and his pokemon

never ever disrespect pokemon...or any pokemon fan

Pokemon is serious business. I would have stormed out on you, top, plebeian trainer!

Maybe he just wants you to be the best like no one ever was, and to catch them is his real quest and to train them is his cause?

I was thinking the same thing, but wouldn't that mean that he's gotta catch 'em all? Pokémon?