By Anonymous - 20/06/2014 23:53 - Canada - Surrey

Today, my husband decided that if he's not hungry, then I'm not allowed to make myself any food. FML
I agree, your life sucks 48 966
You deserved it 5 852

Same thing different taste

Top comments

A07 48

Tell him that the next time you're not horny, he's not even allowed to help himself. Might give him better prespective.

Don't make him food when he's actually hungry. Problem solved.

Comments

guess if your not horny, he's not allowed to have sex

Nobody should have sex if they're not horny/don't want to just to make their partner happy.

It is possible to have sex because your lover wants to, even though you're not particularly horny. It's not the same as having sex when you really don't want to.

#15 It's a bad comparison. She can eat without him having to eat. It doesn't affect him at all. Whereas sex is something they have to do together.

PotatoPal 11

Then you should decide to not make him any food...see how long he lasts.

Holy controlling. Maybe I'm reading too much into this, hun, but that's unsettling behaviour. He can't tell you that you can't eat when you're hungry. Make sure it doesn't escalate.

91hayek 31

When I read it my first thought was "did he buy her and she's some kind of property? Is this some kind of backward feudal-times marriage?" I was worried that he has the potential to imprison her against her will, but since she obviously can use the internet it must not be the case.

MzZombicidal 36

Well that's too damn bad for him. He can't control your hunger or your food intake.

Controlling behavior shouldn't be ignored or tolerated. Talk to a parent, sibling or close friend about this, if he gets pissed that you are talking to them or stops you talking to them it is time to run. Isolation is the abusers main tactic for keeping control. Speaking from experience if you leave him get a restraining order, it makes it possible for you to get help if he gets violent.

I don't think a parent or sibling can do anything here. OP is obviously not underage and living at home. she has to confront her husband and tell him he has no control over what she does because she isn't a piece of property.

Even if the OP isn't underage, talking to family isn't a bad idea. Getting as much support from friends and family might give the OP the strength to stand up for herself-- if she hasn't already.

That's assuming a great deal from very little.

Just make yourself food and if he wants some act like you can't hear him and keep eating your food.

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

tell him to go to hell or taco bell whatever...

Grab a snack or something...or make something that he can't resist? Maybe chips and salsa or something