By Anonymous - 20/06/2014 23:53 - Canada - Surrey

Today, my husband decided that if he's not hungry, then I'm not allowed to make myself any food. FML
I agree, your life sucks 48 962
You deserved it 5 852

Same thing different taste

Top comments

A07 48

Tell him that the next time you're not horny, he's not even allowed to help himself. Might give him better prespective.

Don't make him food when he's actually hungry. Problem solved.

Comments

SwordSlayer99 11

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

OR, Here's a thought: He could just be a selfish, controlling asshole.

Right? I'm honestly not sure where you're getting her possibly being overweight from this FML. It sounds more like he's just a selfish dickhole.

You had to go straight to that? How can you even draw that conclusion from what was said?

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

I don't know why 3 is getting down voted, to me it sounded like the husband was just a controlling idiot, but what 3 said is an option as well. Maybe he is trying to control the amount she eats? It could be possible, even if it wasn't our first thought. She did say "guessing..."

True, but the mature thing to do is for OP's husband to tell her that he is concerned about her health and to maybe change her diet. He shouldn't force her, otherwise she won't learn for herself. She should be able to think for herself.

Maybe he's tried and she ignored it. Moreover, we learn by doing, creating habits, not by thinking and making decisions. The source is irrelevant.

Whether she needs to lose weight or not, he's being disrespectful, and nobody should put up with a spouse that tries to control them in this way. OP, put your foot down and don't let him treat you this way! You are not his child or his pet!

A07 48

Tell him that the next time you're not horny, he's not even allowed to help himself. Might give him better prespective.

Or if you don't have to go to the bathroom, and he does, well, sucks for him. The douchecanoe will get what's coming to him!

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

And how the utter **** do you suggests this happens?

Not allowed to make food. He would assume it's for her knowing these idiots.

Don't make him food when he's actually hungry. Problem solved.

If you can't cook then just go out to eat by yourself. Leave him to fend for himself.

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

Make sure to polish your plate before you eat to take care of any greece.After that go for a walk but make sure to be russian so you dont get too chile.Denmark how far you walked.

91hayek 31

Just do what you want; he can't 'decide' anything for you.

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
itcomesinthrees 10

You end a marriage by deciding when you should eat? No, I think you end a marriage by being a controlling prick like OP's husband.

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
91hayek 31

Basic rights to food or water or shelter should not be negotiated into; they can be adjusted or modified if need be, but outright denial at the behest of one party is pretty silly. If anything it is the act of a petulant child or a megalomaniac dictator - I think OPs husband is more of the former.

tweetypie 18
Emily062611 6

Are you this crazy in your relationship or something? This is him not considering her wants or needs. How do you meet halfway between "I'm hungry" and "Well I'm not so you can't eat"?

katthompson 7

I agree. A man should never tell you what you can and can't do. That's not a real man in my eyes.

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway