By Littlethings1 - 31/03/2016 17:07 - United States - Tallahassee

Today, my hair got stuck in my umbrella. I asked for help from passers-by, but all I got was weird looks as they hurried past me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 19 182
You deserved it 1 893

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I really hate people. Whenever I go to big cities when I try to help homeless people or help people who just need help I get weird looks and people telling me I shouldn't. As human beings we should help eachother out not ignore or get mad at people. It seems like a really simple thing to say but so many people don't get it

ABlindMan 17

I feel you OP, as a child I got caught in an escalator and people started stepping over me and walking away. It took about a full minute before someone bothered to do anything about it.

Comments

How in the world does someone get stuck in an umbrella?

I've had that happen to me before. Like forreal, y'all looking at me like I'M the crazy one when they're the ones who look stupid not helping someone in need. Our first inclination should be to WANT to help people out not totally dismiss it. Faith in humanity denied!

I would have taken off my coat and let you sit down on my coat and help you with your hair caught in your umbrella and maybe walk with you :)

Chivalry lives... on FML at least. Or perhaps you just like taking off your coat 23.

That's pretty comic. Heheheh. I hope your hair got untangled without much trouble op

Another victim of the bystander effect. Sorry OP, that always sux

Yeah it's an FML, but I don't, know how you were approaching them or trying to ask them. I'm sure they would've wanted to help if it was clear what was going on, but seeing that you were stuck in an umbrella, it was probably raining so you running yo to people with an umbrella to your head might've looked weird...

Mehokaay 14

One time I was minding my own business at Walmart when a lady walked up to me and asked for my help. After I said yes she turned around, flipped her pants to show the tag (and underwear) what size it was...I just wanted to share my story.

I would have helped you OP. People suck.

I WILL HELP YOU!!! I will always help and it just touches me to see other ppl helping another too. Don't feel like it's like you're in the wrong feel embarrassed just cuz you need help. Nothing wrong and I will help. Helping is contagious. Next time you are reasoning in your head whether you should help, HELP! I have experienced both side of the decisions, and it always feel better to help, for me and for the receiver.