By Anonymous - 24/06/2009 02:50 - United States

Today, my girlfriend was upset, so I tried to cheer her up by telling her how much I love her and how beautiful she is. After a minute, her face started to light up. I thought it had worked until I realized that she was being cheered up by the friends she was talking to online. FML
I agree, your life sucks 44 180
You deserved it 3 782

Same thing different taste

Top comments

kiit23 0

I wouldn't worry too much about this. My boyfriend tries to cheer me up by doing the same and sometimes it works, but a lot of the time its not the right kind of cheering up. Dont take offense to someone else doing it, you still did your best to show her that you care. Usually when my bf tries to make things better I'm on my computer talking to a friend that makes me laugh. I'd rather have someone make me laugh than tell me they love me. It's still good to know, but it doesn't exactly fix my bad mood. Be happy that she got better, because I imagine having her upset is far worse than someone else cheering her up.

well said! but girls, please (PLEASE!) tell us what is wrong when you have a bad day. it is a real torture not to know why. :)

Comments

What? This isn't an FML. Isn't the important part that she's no longer depressed? Why does it have to be you to cheer her up? That's pretty messed up, that you can't just be happy that she's feeling better.

ChefBoy6382 0

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
lmmmr 0

You do not sound like a good person.

lmmmr 0

Then you also do not sound like a good person. You are the same people who complain about "dude, brah, chicks are always playin games, man! **** chicks!" Grow up and learn to communicate like adults.

ScottyDoesntKnow_fml 0

this happens to me all the time when i try cheer up my gf someone else cheers her up after i tell her i love her...theres not much us guys can say when you wont tell us whats wrong!!! grr lol girls are confusing

happygoluckyhh 0

You wanted her to cheer up, does it matter who did it?

abandonship 3

lol you tried, its the thought that counts

thats not what cheers girls up a lot of the time... sorry! but good job for expressing yourself.

Awww... I know how it feels. Sometimes I try to cheer up my friends but it just doesn't work. ):

Like people have said, be happy shes is happy. At the end of the day doesnt matter who does it, sure it feels nice knowing you were the one. Saying you love her isnt going to do very much, make her laugh and forget about whatever has her down in the first place. Though you sound annoyed you werent the one to make her happy, selfish jerk much?

smith_c 0

DUDE,I know exactly how you feel.It was my gf's birthday,and I wrote her a 20 page letter and got her flowers and everything.But she was still sad,so the whole day I tell her I love her and I hold her close and we were going to ditch the last class of the day.What does she do?Goes off and buys starbucks with a stoner friend,and then she's fine. Also,I hate how us guys do so much work and effort to make our girlfriends' happy,but with no result.ughhh.

Crzy_EyesSunrise 0

I have been in his situation before. Sometimes you don't know what a person wants to hear, and some other people do. On the computer, there may be more input from more people, thus more support, maybe even including yours. I heard it takes 13 compliments to negate an insult, so maybe it's like that? Even so, you shouldn't worry, because the main concern is that she's happy. I know you probably want to be the one to cheer her up and be important to her, but I wouldn't worry about this. If you find your support is not helping in the future, try a different approach, and maybe things will work out for the better. Just be happy your friend is happy--I'm sure whatever efforts you displayed were appreciated--better than saying nothing at all, right?