By Anonymous - 15/11/2014 00:11 - United States - Macungie

Today, my girlfriend of over a year broke up with me via Facebook chat. When I asked her why, she replied "You know why." and blocked me. No, I don't know. FML
I agree, your life sucks 36 853
You deserved it 3 157

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I'm sorry OP. If it was me in this situation, I'd try calling or visiting her to see if this can be worked out. She does owe you an answer at least.....good luck :-)

If she doesn't give you an answer, try talking to her friends. The most likely explanation is an unfounded rumour she sadly believed, in which case maybe her friends would know. Anyway, her behaviour was still childish.

Comments

I'm sorry OP. If it was me in this situation, I'd try calling or visiting her to see if this can be worked out. She does owe you an answer at least.....good luck :-)

relationships are like farts... If you have to force it its probably shit. go ahead and flush her

#2 thats the most inspirational thing I have ever read...

She probably decided to just dump you, rather than admit that she was cheating... Get it? No? I'll leave...

cryssycakesx3 22

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
JMichael 25

#38 most people would like to know the reason why. You can't tell me if your boyfriend broke with you with no explanation you wouldn't even be slightly curious as to why?

You're a piece of shit, cryssycakes. Here's hoping your significant others are never desperate enough to stay with your stupid ass. You're just as bad as OP's ex.

#38 - Yes, it does matter. Maybe it wasn't even something he did but she was just a bitch and did something herself. That way, it would leave him wondering and make him feel like shit over something he probably didn't do. It's kinda obvious how you would be in a relationship by just this comment alone.

Just thought everyone should know that OP is a girl, not a guy.

vanessa_tranz 15

Well, there are many possibilities here. Yes, maybe the (ex) girlfriend is being an asshole and broke up with him for little to no reason, or did something bad herself and couldn't bring herself to tell him what she did. However there's also a possibility that OP is extremely oblivious and doesn't even realize what he did! In this case, the girlfriend is probably upset and annoyed, thinking that he doesn't care and is an asshole, while he doesn't even know what he did wrong. (He could in fact be an asshole. We don't know.) I'm not siding with either person here, just stating some of the possibilities. We don't know their situation so we can't really make a judgement.

#38, It's called getting closure and most people want/need it. When you spend a certain amount of time loving someone and they abruptly end things and you know you've done nothing wrong, yes, it's nice to know why. Just my thinking process.

TallMist 32

The OP is a her not a he. The gender thingy says so.

thebigtwinkie 28

Possibly because of some silly rumours, sorry OP.

If she doesn't give you an answer, try talking to her friends. The most likely explanation is an unfounded rumour she sadly believed, in which case maybe her friends would know. Anyway, her behaviour was still childish.

Personally, I'd never involve her friends. I find it might add to unnecessary drama and misquotes from hearsay.

That's true... But OP should still try to find out what the reason was. If it was indeed a vicious rumour, it may end up causing problems in her next relationship, especially if she happens to live in a smaller town.

Some women are unreasonable. Their significant others can't read their minds!! Communication is the key in a relationship. I wish you luck.

21 not only is 6 a woman as well but she did say SOME women. I for one agree some women are unreasonable. I had a girlfriend who loved to say "of you loved me you would know why." when I asked her why she was mad. Simple truth is women are by far the better communicators, that is a proven scientific fact. However I have seen women be down right childish with there lovers and pull shit like this, when even they acknowledge that it is an unacceptable way to communicate objectively.

A proven scientific fact? Really? So could you kindly show me the peer reviewed paper proving this? Because I have a feeling it's more of a commonly believed thought than a "proven scientific fact."

I'm sorry OP. Maybe give her a chance to calm down and the. Try talking to her again. If that doesn't work maybe get a friend to ask? I know that's not the best thing but you deserve a proper explanation. Once again, I'm sorry.

Keep asking her or her friends about it. Who knows what nasty rumour someone has spread about you. Or she didn't have a good reason to break up and just said that to confuse you.

hope you can work it out. she doesn't really worth it if she doesn't feel the need to talk to you first though