By well great. - 17/05/2013 22:28 - United States - Pascagoula

Today, my friend told me she'd lost her notebook filled with crucial notes for our finals. She asked if she could borrow mine and copy my notes. She then lost my notebook too. FML
I agree, your life sucks 47 097
You deserved it 11 919

Same thing different taste

Top comments

And this why I've stopped lending my stuff to 'friends'

XDsmileyDX_fml 24

They always keep the freakin' pencils.

Comments

perdix 29

#14, wait, we're going back to the old-fashioned spelling? I thought in the Internet Age, we had upgraded to "looser." I guess I owe Beck an apology.

Pstraka6 20

Try next time going with someone to photocopy them, that's the quickest and best bet.

ss_20_xx 14

Or like someone said before: send them scanned pictures!

countryb_cth 38

True but a lot of people, myself included, find it much easier to remember the notes if they write it down themselves instead of someone just giving them copies to read. However if my friend lent me notes that important I would be sure to keep the book in my sights at all times.

I lost my notebook today too. It was a tiny pocket notebook in which I keep all the codes I need for work. I was really heartbroken when I discovered it, soggy and illegible, among the clothes I was putting in the dryer. Sorry, OP. Guess it's back to the drawing board for both of us. :(

bamagrl410 31

If she was irresponsible enough to loser her own notes, what makes you think she'll be more careful with your property - which, by the way, won't affect her much if she loses it? YDI. Next time offer to photocopy them or even just take pictures with your phone or something.

bamagrl410 31

lose* her own. Dammit why didn't I see that...

I agree. Especially with something as important as a notebook for finals (with "crucial notes" in it). Sadly, this is the first FML that I think that the OP totally deserved it.

Give her another notebook then follow her around... Maybe her steps would be repeated and you'll find the lost books!

MentalHelpNeeded 5

I would be a little scared if someone who let me borrow a notebook was constantly following me.

The fact that she lost her notebook should have been a red flag.

This is one of the many reasons why I have trust issues.

Is your friend notorious for losing stuff? If so, YDI because you gave her your notes anyway. You should have made her copies instead of giving her the hard copies.

Teddzz 19

I would have made copies of my notes to give to her and held onto my notebook.