By Jane - 28/04/2016 03:58 - United States - Beaver Falls

Today, my fiancé tells me he loves me about 100 times a day. At first it was cute, but now it's getting really annoying. We can't have a conversation without him throwing in about 10 "I love you"s. I'm beginning to not want to talk to him anymore. FML
I agree, your life sucks 14 800
You deserved it 3 053

Same thing different taste

Top comments

DeadxManxWalking 27

Thought about talking to him about it? Might be a good start.

Comments

Tell him how much you appreciate the fact that he loves you, and acknowledge that it's weird to be asking someone to say "I love you" less, but that there no phrase anyone wants to hear a hundred times a day, even a lovely one like that. (Don't get me wrong. I'd like to hear 'here's $1000 dollars a hundred times a day.)

He may feel like something is wrong and be trying to compensate. When my fiancé knows I'm upset with him he tends to get more lovey. You two need to talk it out.

Sometimes it is tough for a guy to admit he's in love, and even saying the words is difficult. Maybe his saying the first time was really, really hard and you just don't know that. Maybe it's becoming easier for him to say now, so he does in more often. Tell him you get it without being snotty, and he'll lighten up.

I understand what you mean and if your talk doesn't work that well, then know he really loves you. That's very special :)

Maybe if you make some pointless conversations or ask him to say 'I love you' 100 times in the morning and maybe save sone.

zebra3_fml 7

it could be worse OP, he could just not tell you until it's too late. I did that and it was the mistake of my life. just talk to him.

Tell him about it! There's nothing that would hurt more than feeling what you're doing is right and loved, and then your SO says they hated it all along

AleyahRose123 6

I have this problem too. Just like in HIMYM " 'I love you' ****"