By Anonymous - 02/12/2010 00:36 - United States

Today, my fencing team took pictures for the yearbook. We were having individual pictures with our weapons, and it was my turn. When the photographer told me to pose, I tried to be super cool by quickly putting my sabre against my chest like some sort of soldier. I poked myself in the eye. FML
I agree, your life sucks 8 546
You deserved it 35 884

Same thing different taste

Top comments

schwancy 2

Too bad those swords have that little ball on the end. This could have been an even better FML.

Comments

why on earth would you put a picture of someone holding your boobs? you are marride what do you have to show off? the fact that someone loves you? well congrates but I'm sorry to say that marrige isn't about showing off

Draminicaus 0

Marriage is about love. Showing off is just a nice perk. It's too bad you couldn't show off your grasp of the English language.

You're on the fencing team. You already had zero chance of being super cool.

Draminicaus 0

Yeah, I'm sure you'll be thinking that when she flys in and saves your ass from the six-fingered man. Female Inigo Montoya ftw!

Mr_Zachary 0

18, I think you're pretty unqualified to determine anyone's cool factor, by the looks of it.

the thing is, #18, is that the basic point of fencing is that you are learing how to use a sword. which is probably something you have fantasized about your entire life, so, in all technicality and possible reality, we fencers are living your lifelong dream. so, ha.

If you're on the fencing team, you should have some idea of the length and capabilities of your weapon. If you spent more time practising and less time trying to be cool, maybe you might not have poked yourself.

"I was trying to be cool." it never works.

But trying to be "super cool" always works. Always. Way to shine, OP.

Floyd4Ever 0

hahaha gotta love the Internet!

photographers must have so much fun doing their job!

Draminicaus 0

Fun fact: Most medieval broadswords and claymores were blunt. Their purpose on the battlefield was to break and crack bones. I know a fencing foil probably isn't going to break a bone but, from what I hear, you can electrify them. Which sounds badass to me. I'm just saying.

When you electrify a foil, that just means running a wire through it so that the machine goes beep when you stab people in the chest. The machine also goes beep yellow if you stab somone in any place other than their chest. unless you can have an electric foil. That would be majorly badass.

actually, fencing swards are only electrified fore scoring porpoises,when toy hit your opponent, it completes a circuit and makes a buzzer go off.

dragonstrike94 8

To see if they can fight (/^o^)/

When will people learn.. If you have to TRY to be cool, it's not going to work because it's not natural to you...

ok anyone that says "super cool" about anything has something wrong with them.