By Anonymous - 23/12/2011 21:02 - United States

Today, my family and I went over to our new neighbors' house, to sing a carol and say hello. The only response we got was a door slammed in our faces. FML
I agree, your life sucks 13 487
You deserved it 32 012

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Well caroling is pretty annoying! Maybe they didn't like your harmonies.

every1luvsboners 11

No one wants to hear you sing, but they'll listen if you give them a couple beers and a pizza.

Comments

bizarre_ftw 21

Nice!!!!!!!!! Very smart!!!!!!! You don't want them bothering you so you make yourselves seem either crazy, Brady bunch annoyingly disney, and/or both!! Brilliant!! I've gotta try it! :D

Let them settle in, they don't want to be pestered.

stfu_bam 5

I'd do the same thing, I think it's rude because how do you who celebrates Christmas? You should just have an event and whoever wants to come and hear you sing, they will do it on their own.

stfu_bam 5

Like religion, if people want to hear a load of bull they will happily walk into your church. If people want to hear Christmas songs, they will go to a Christmas event.

Epsilonyx 15

Caroling doesn't necessarily have to involve Christmas. Very often, it's a vague jingle about holidays. So chill out. And regardless, plenty of people who don't celebrate Christmas enjoy caroling. And how is it rude to sing to others? Regardless of the meaning, it's a kind gesture. Also, absolutely no reason to attack anyone's beliefs when they were never mentioned in the first place.

stfu_bam 5

So where you live people go door to door singing all year long? For some reason I doubt that, the only time I've heard of that is during Christmas. Which goes back to the Christian faith.

stfu_bam 5

Well it cut off the rest of what I said so I'll finish it here... In my last post I didn't "attack" anyone's belief or religion for that matter. But since you said I did, I purposely put down a specific belief / religion.

stfu_bam, Christmas has evolved into a holiday about giving, loving, family values, materialism, fighting for the last iPad yadda yadda yadda. The only time christmas is about religion is when you are either a church/cathedral/synogogue going christian/catholic/jewish. Please DON'T START BRINGING RELIGION AS A COUNTER-ARGUEMENT because you feel attacked because people don't agree with you.

stfu_bam 5

Oh no I'm not bringing religion into it because I feel "attacked" by those who disagree with what I said. I brought in "Christian" to make that guys comment true. He believes I'm attacking beliefs / religion. I might as well so it since it's out there. People can disagree with me all they want, they can't change how I view things just like I can't change theirs.

Yes, you did attack religion and theist in your first reply, you ignorant ****. Please. If you're an atheist, at least have the tolerance to respect other's beliefs. That asshole bible thumper does not reflect all theists. Oh. Congrats too. You just made the people "People I Hate" list on my page. Good job!

stfu_bam 5

Actually I'm not, Thanks for assuming though! But you see, I've been surrounded by religion freaks for the past 18 years. So yes, I will "attack" anyone's religion, for now on since everyone assumes I am. In my first post, I never clarified what religion or belief. I only added one when like I said before that kid assumed I was "attacking" people's religion. HAPPY? Oh and thanks for adding me to this list, you're only the ...hmmm damn I lost track of how many people hate me. Oh well :)

Like religion, if people want to hear a load of bull they will happily walk into your church. How the hell do you not see your statement against theists?

stfu_bam 5

In order to actually "attack" a religion I'd have to clarify what religion. In that statement I didn't, there for I didn't "attack" Now go back to my second one where I put "Christian" NOW I attacked a religion. That's when people can call me names and "yell" at me.

Epsilonyx 15

I'm pretty sure you specified a church. Not a mosque, nor a temple, nor a synagogue. Thus, you are clearly referring to the Christian faith. Regardless, I'm a Christian and I could care less about what you have to say about my beliefs. When it's completely unjustified? There's a problem. I'm out. Adieu.

^ He's right. Churches are specific to Christianity. Please defend your claim once more, or surrender.

stfu_bam 5

Surrender, why are we at war? Excuse me for not writing down every name of a building where people go to practice or preach their belief. I'll apologize for that but not for writing down what I think/feel, just like you guys are writing down what you feel/think.

Epsilonyx 15

I am completely fine with you voicing your opinion. Just protecting my faith. No worries.

stfu_bam, SHUT THE **** UP!!!! You clearly were attacking a religion, saying you were not (or a variation of "i was not, then when I put christianity, yes.) makes you a damn liar. Now quit returning and claiming shit before sirin comes and banhammer out arses. Side note to all the morons: Sirin is a mod

stfu_bam 5

A Teen - ...do spend all your time on here?

No, i'm just on my phone. I do my stuff then check my phone, go on fmylife or other shit I feel like doing. Multitasking. I don't sit in front of a computer screen (i don't have internet on it).

Epsilonyx 15

Why were all the comments deleted? This was a pretty civil conversation compared to others on here. Lol. Good work, mods.

stfu_bam 5

My bad, I just figured since you know a mod. Anyways, you clearly didn't read all the comments because if you did you wouldn't have stated that. I apologized for stating church, since I guess church is only for Christians however I didn't apologize for stating what I think/feel.

now your encounters with them from now one are gonna be awkwaaaaaaarrrrd...

flockz 19

"hello, we're your neighbors and we would like to ask you to join us in the holiday spirit--"**** off." *SLAM*

roydawgg 3

reminds me of the wolverine scene in first class haha

perdix 29

It's probably a meth lab. Normal people would at least stand there and squirm as you made fools of yourselves. They are mad because you are interrupting production and not buying their ice.

kikiluv 1

Nope, I would slam it in there face and leave. Not gonna listen to that stuff. It's a waste of time. Plus, it's trespassing so they could've called the cops on em.

perdix 29

Actually, if they were observant Jews, they would have a menorah in the window. Otherwise, they'd probably just politely stand there and squirm. I doubt crystal meth is kosher, so our theories cannot both be true.

I gotta go with perdix's theory. Meth lab seems more probable.

perdix is correct. Definitely a meth lab ( If it were a non-spirited, baby jesus hating, scrooge macderperson, they would have called you a noob and thrown spaghetti in you face before slamming the door.)

bizarre_ftw 21

You misunderstood the orange joke, back to the corner with you

Yes 25 because Christianity and Judaism are the only two religions that exist in the world..

To be greeted with immediate sexual service, followed by cute cuddling.

DontClickOnMe 28

Well that's rude.. but I would've seen it coming.