By ygma - 01/12/2015 16:39 - United States - Mansfield

Today, my extremely religious grandmother disowned me for watching Supernatural. FML
I agree, your life sucks 26 437
You deserved it 2 761

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Comments

all these flavors and she chose to be salty...

She just doesn't want you to be an idjit I suppose.

Offer to replace her carpet, paint a devil's trap on the floor and then put the new carpet down.

darthhera 11

Great show? Until season 6 at most.

Nothing says "I'm secure in my beliefs" like being threatened enough by a TV show to disown a member of your family.

ehmojj 6
jaegerbritish 7

sucks that you were disowned but ydi for watching a shit show

A show that has had eleven seasons can hardly be called "shit" can it? (FYI it's a freaking awesome show)

Hate all you want, but I agree with him. Supernatural is EXTREMELY overrated with a very generic story (I probably wouldn't go so far as to call it shit; there is much worse out there). It is almost as bad as Doctor Who, but not quite. Then again, its merely a matter of opinion. If you like generic plots, then more power to you. Also, the number of seasons doesn't mean shit. A lot of times, a spectacular show will have 1 or 2 seasons and shows that are total shit will have 10 or 11 seasons. That just depends of the director's desire to keep creating them or the network's desire to show them. Shows like The 4400 and Alphas were worthy or more seasons, but they didn't get them. Shows like some of the Stargates were total shit, but had a lot of seasons and a lot of episodes. There are also shows that have serious potential and amazing first seasons, but greatly deteriorate over time, such and Helix. Whatever the case, you can't base quality off of the number of seasons.

I could tell you were trolling when you called Doctor Who and Stargate bad.

I didnt expect to get upvoted for having an unpopular opinion. But 108, I didn't mean all Stargates were bad; most of them were spectacular. But there were some that were just so horrible they shouldn't have the Stargate name.

I feel your pain. As a child, my religious fanatic of a father decided trolls were evil so we had to get rid of our troll dolls. Harry Potter and anything else containing wizardry was evil, so he banned reading them. Halloween was evil, horror movies and books were off the table, and we couldn't watch the simpsons. Luckily I moved in with my mom at age 7 and could then experience the joys of horror movies, Halloween, Harry Potter, and Sabrina the teenage witch.

I feel bad for your younger childhood.

Supernatural isn't even satanic, it's about them trying to STOP evil and monsters.